New Bag Questions

Junior897

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am thinking of buying a couple of bags for my gear and was looking for opinions on them. The first would be a Lowepro Stealth Reporter 300 for my film equipment. The second would be a Stealth Reporter 400 for my digital stuff, and use my old Tamrac bag for storage. I don’t have a local store so I will have to purchase off of the internet so I can’t see them before hand. Any pictures of setup on the interior of these bags would be greatly appreciated. I am pretty sold on Lowepro because of the way they treated me on a Nova 1 I have for my wife’s camera.

The LowePro web site is pretty good and has photos and cut away drawings of all their bags. www.lowepro.com

It's still a bit hard to judge the size, without seeing them in person though.

We are planning a trip to the UK and wanted a bag for the digital stuff, here is what we got: Lowe Pro Roller 1
bag-1.jpg

It has an extendible handle, wheels and qualifies as a carry on. It's a semihard case with a removeable padded inside case.

bag-3.jpg

This is with the inner bag out of the outer bag. The outer bag can be used as regular carryon. The inner bag fits nicely inside a pelican 1550 case for shipping or luggage check.

bag-4.jpg

There are attachement points on the sides for a tripod and unbrella with stand. The bungee on the front holds a collapsible reflector.

bag-2.jpg

The bag can hold a fair bit of stuff: 3 bodies and attached lenses(2 with hoods attached as well), SB600, SB800, SB30, batteries, battery grip for D200, Nikon charger and cable, Ni-Mh charger and batteries, flash attachements, mini clamps and tripods for flashes, lens filters, a various small bits and pieces.

The bag is handy for storage at home and fior bringing the system along on car trips or caravan trips.

I went out buying myself a new bag to bag everything into it. Judging by capacity specs, I ended up selecting the Commercial AW. When I saw it at the store, thought myself - this is too big. Anyway I bought it, put everything inside and it's now packed. No more space again :confused:

Lesson learnt: Size matters. Buy something bigger than the one you *think* you need.

BTW, the bag is totaly reconfigurable. Lot's of velcro separators of various sizes, heights and configurations. You can remove them all for a totaly empty bag and reconfigure it to your hearts desire. Initially it might fit all your kit in a single bag.

Anyway I bought it, put everything inside and it's now packed. No more space again

It's almost inevitable that you will fill up whatever space you have. If you get a bigger bag...you will carry more stuff. After buying a fair size backpack...I find that I like taking a smaller bag...when I can get away with just a little bit of gear.

[FONT=&quot]I have done a lot of thinking on this subject. I think the way for me to go is to get the Lowepro D400 for everyday and a backpack for when I want to lug around all of my gear. BTW nice setup Patrice that looks awesome[/FONT]

Most reactions

New Topics

Back