4:3 digital photo frame recommendations

Pompo_CZ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm looking for a digital photo frame with a 4:3 aspect ratio, which isn't really common, most frames seem to be 16:9 or 16:10. It should be available to buy in the EU (e.g. on the German or French Amazon). Does anyone have any recommendations?
On top of a decent image quality, I'm looking for the following features:
- resolution 1024x768 or higher, preferably IPS display
- screen size around 10" or higher
- built-in storage and USB connection for photo upload, or SD card slot
- WiFi and an Android app for uploading photos, but without the need of internet connection for normal operation

Nice to haves:
- touch screen
- support for both landscape and portrait orientation
- "full screen", i.e. no white space between the photo and the frame

Not needed at all:
- cloud storage
- linking to social networks

The best one I found is this one from Pix-Star, but at 189 Eur, I find it a bit expensive, it would like to fit into 150 Eur. I also noticed that a company BSIMB is selling 4:3 frames with an offline storage, but I've only seen them on the US Amazon page (and some users reported that photos sometimes get rotated for no reason, which feels a bit annoying...).

Click on Details tab. Indicates 4:3. Company might have others in different sizes.
Thank you for the suggestion, but this one does not meet the "should be available to buy in the EU" point - from that manufacturer, there are either small ones, or different aspect ratios.

How do you know that sellers of this equipment won't ship overseas from the US or elsewhere? Have you checked with the manufacturer and see who their sellers are? I believe B&H Photo who sells internationally represents them. But I'm not sure. You might have to do some digging.

How do you know that sellers of this equipment won't ship overseas from the US or elsewhere? Have you checked with the manufacturer and see who their sellers are? I believe B&H Photo who sells internationally represents them. But I'm not sure. You might have to do some digging.
It's painful enough to get the frame into my country from a seller located in Germany or France, let alone the overseas. The cost of transportation is not negligible when compared to the price of the product. Also, it would be very expensive and difficult to return it or get it fixed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back