What's new

New Beer....

Raincheck

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 23, 2011
Messages
222
Reaction score
98
Location
Dublin, Ireland
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
An improvement compared with the last shot …

$Beer-Test.webp

Rain
 
Ok, I'm now officially thirsty
 
Last edited:
hi Raincheck! very nice shot, i have actually never tried product photography like this so take what i am saying with a grain of salt.
to me the image could pop a bit more still - did you try making it half a stop brighter and maybe add a stronger highlight on the left side of the glass?
also.. could it be that the white balance is slightly off? could be my monitor but i see a lot of green channel in that yellow beer.

other than that, as i said - really cool shot man!
 
9am and I'm so ready for one of those!!
 
Nice! Did you have a reflector behind the beer? I used some card stock covered in white paper last time I did this type of shot and it made a HUGE improvement. I'd suggest trying some gold color, to give the beer a rich gold color. The lighting looks a lot better than the first. The bubbles on the glass seem a bit much/overkill, but you're getting there.

Best,
Jake


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I think this is a great shot! If the purpose of a product shot is to peak interest and desire, you've done that here. The head running over the top and collecting at the bottom, the beads of sweat on the glass, all very wonderful and making me long for 10 hrs from now.
 
Okay,

Here a few pints to share for the thirsty once :)

$trio.webp

Rain...
 
Okay,

Here a few pints to share for the thirsty once :)

View attachment 70202

Rain...

One thing. It doesn't make sense that there are condensation bubbles around the top/head of the beer. Logically that makes no sense, and makes this shot confusing. Lighting wise, it looks good.

Jake


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom