New Business Card, Give me your input

I don't know how I feel about the yellow. I do like the dark grey background. But how would I fit my contact info on the front instead of putting it on the back?
The yellow could be replaced with anything you like, provided it's not too dark. I just wanted to open you up to a host of other color possibilities.

Contact info? Not really sure. There are many options, and your designer should have some ideas for you.

Fitting your contact info on the BC is very do-able. Just push what you have already a few pixels to the upper-right corner which will give you more than enough room to add your contact info and your web address while leaving breathing room for your name and the word "photography".

Like c.cloudwalker, I have also made many BCs--and other designs as well.

But how would I fit my contact info on the front instead of putting it on the back?
Move Eric Holmes photography up the card and put your contact info underneath.

If you need to, reduce the size of your name a little so it all fits nicely. Just remember they can't cut bisuness cards real accurately so you have to leave some wiggly room: http://www.overnightprints.com/main.php?A=specs_guidelines

+2 on a glossy front for the card, +2 for ordering 1000 at a time and they don't do you any good in the box. You have to hand them out for them to do you any good.

www.overnightprints.com has about the thickest stock available, great prices, and quick delivery. The thick stock really conveys a high quality feel to their cards.

I hope your friend did the design using a vector graphic package.

You also need to be aware, any printer will print the cards using CMYK, another consideration for your designer.

Last edited:
I don't know if he used a vector graphic package, nor do I know what that is LOL. What would it matter that the printer uses a CMYK printer? I'm sorry I don't know much about his process. I found a free help site that helps toss around different logos for people and a guy came up with this one for me and he emailed me the .png file.

Vector graphics connect points with continuous lines instead of pixels. Because vectors are generated mathematically instead of little dots, they can be infinitely scaled without losing quality.

CMYK (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black) is the "color space" used by printers. If your file is RGB, then the printer will have to re-interpret the RGB colors using CMYK colors, and your colors will not come out exactly as you intended. They will be off. All graphic designers should know this, but you never know i guess.

So do you have to finish the card yourself, or is this guy still gonna help you?

Vector graphic means you can re-size the logo any way you want and it is very useful when you are going to use it on different things such as envelopes, letterhead, etc which most pros use. Those things are part of your company identity...

CMYK doesn't matter in this case. For an old fashioned printer, who you don't want to deal with in this case, this is a 2 color job. It does not even matter what color they are. The printer can make them whatever you want.

More important is the file, how it is set up, what software it was made in...

But even that doesn't matter much. This is a very simple design and if the printer has to re-create it, it is not that big a deal. But it will cost more.

If it gets printed straight to a digital printer as I suggested earlier and, as it should be, the only things that matter are the type of file and having the fonts' files. When I send a job to a printer the fonts' files are included, no matter what kind of file the design itself is.

The more you know how things work, the easier it gets. Cheers.

Overnight prints requires the file be in CMYK but can handle both vector and raster graphics.

Adobe Photoshop, and other image editors is/are a raster graphics programs. Adobe Illustrator, and others is/are vector graphics programs.

How about giving back some for all the help you're getting here at TPF and sharing the link with the rest of TPF to the, "free help site that helps toss around different logos for people".

How about giving back some for all the help you're getting here at TPF and sharing the link with the rest of TPF to the, "free help site that helps toss around different logos for people".

Of course! I didn't even think about that. The site is Free website templates and there is a forum named "Request Logo Customization". My thread is located here... Modern Photographer Logo Request - Free website templates

I honestly don't know what color standard he used but I bet he used a vector graphic. I can zoom in completely and it appears smooth. I can also resize it however I want and it also appears smooth then. I plan to keep the color real simple as I think it looks most professional so the CYMK shouldnt be much of a problem.

I honestly forgot about that edit because I don't really like colors. Black and white always attract me first.

I honestly forgot about that edit because I don't really like colors. Black and white always attract me first.
A logo is not about what appeals to YOU.

A logo is entirely about what will appeal and be easily memorable to the buying public which is what good logo designers are striving for.

I don't really like colors. Black and white always attract me first.
I would encourage you to go back and look at the logo examples you cited as being designs you really liked. None of the 4 you gave were just black and white. They all had a light, neutral, airy feel with color. Also, to paraphrase your answer on the other forum... "lighter neutral colors would be more appealing to moms and kids."

Black and white is anything but light and neutral. Maybe conduct a marketing survey of your target audience regarding colors in general. My gut tells me that black won't come out on top.

A logo is not about what appeals to YOU.

A logo is entirely about what will appeal and be easily memorable to the buying public which is what good logo designers are striving for.

Very good point! So did you check out that website?

So what does everyone think of this one?

ericholmes_fondblanc.jpg

Its not about the card design, Its about how you present the card to your customers. Ps: The 2nd design is the most eye-catching.

I have cards too and what I do is that I go to night clubs find people and I ask them if they want to take a photo. After, I take there names and I give them my card with telephone number etc.. I tell them if they want the photo just call me and I will will send it to you. I usually put a watermark and if they will not want the watermark they need to pay.

Most reactions

Back