New Canon 30d and 5d (auth dealer) BNIB

i think he (or she) joined this forum to sell the camera. waiting around and building up posts means virtually nothing at all...its like bragging about whos older when youre a kid. if he (or she) has got something to sell, then buy it...or dont. just dont automatically assume something is up.

we all create usernames on forums for a REASON. if we're having a problem with something, we find a forum that addresses that problem or similar ones and join it. where we go after that initial encounter is up to the individual, whether they move on and forget their username and password, or they find a reason to constantly post to various threads written by many people they will never meet. this particular person had a certain need that they felt this forum could fulfill, so they joined in hopes of finding a potential buyer of something they have. a member with 5000 posts is equally capable of a highway robbery, so something like that should never be seriously considered as a means to rule out something that person has said, claimed, or offered.

underlying theme: buy it, or don't.

darich said:
I agree - of course everyone was a newbie at some point...but not everyone tried to sell something on their first post. I know mine was an introduction in the appropriate section and then in the website to tell folks my website URL.

As someone already said, the seller has insulted members by saying posts were made because of too much time on their hands and he (she?) still hasn't mentioned an Ebay ID. My ebay ID is darich67 and i don't think that as the seller said posting that is giving away too much private information in a public place.

I didn't intend to insult the seller with my post either so if i did, then i apolgise, but i still think the seller could have approached the subject so much better. And I still wouldn't buy his camera - no ebay protection, i already have one, and he's been insulting to the forum in general.

Sorry but understand something...first I dont see any rules in place that say the seller has to go introduce themselves first... they also do not have to provide any information whatsoever if they choose... in re-reading all of the users posts I really dont see anything that they said to provoke a post like this... first off if you had no interest in buying either camera you should have just left the post alone... it really has nothing to do with you... and second if you feel the item is a scam... then dont buy it.. no one is forcing ANYONE to buy anything... but I will say this... you probably lost a potentially good member by all this negative posting... hey why should it matter to me? It really doesnt... but I enjoy meeting photographers... not turning them away because they dont follow everyones idea of the "right thing to do" </soapbox>

It is good to see there were some prudent remarks here. Sorry I kinda ignored this forum due to the way the thread was going. I sold both cameras on ebay. Just over $2550 for the 5d and $965 for the 30d shipped. Oh...and if you really are dying to know the other forum I've bought and sold L glass on is fred miranda and I have perfect feedback there. Maybe I'll visit some other time to rack up some posts so some of you guys feel more comfortable for next time. Heck, all I'd have needed to do is reply to every post on this thread and I'd be a veteran already :lol: . Happy new year all!

Sorry but understand something...first I dont see any rules in place that say the seller has to go introduce themselves first... they also do not have to provide any information whatsoever if they choose... in re-reading all of the users posts I really dont see anything that they said to provoke a post like this... first off if you had no interest in buying either camera you should have just left the post alone... it really has nothing to do with you... and second if you feel the item is a scam... then dont buy it.. no one is forcing ANYONE to buy anything... but I will say this... you probably lost a potentially good member by all this negative posting... hey why should it matter to me? It really doesnt... but I enjoy meeting photographers... not turning them away because they dont follow everyones idea of the "right thing to do" </soapbox>

i suppose now that both cameras have been sold, assuming they existed of course, means that this thread is pretty much dead but i'd like to reply to Orgnoi.

if someone buys something from a complete stranger on the strength of that one post and has no means of comeback or protection then they're very naive to say the least. Yes you may bag yourself a great deal but you may find yourself scammed for, in this case, around $2500 for the Canon 5D.
If that person then comes on and complains they've been scammed, should the forum be responsible? what about other more street wise members who thought it was a scam? Using your logic they should have said nothing and allowed a less fortunate member to be ripped off. Would that be fair?

you're right in that there is no rule about which thread a person should post in first, but since there IS an introductions thread then it's common decency to start there and say hi.

As for losing a good member......4 posts to sell the camera then none for around 3months.

I enjoy meeting photographers too, comparing equipment, techniques, locations etc but the seller doesn't fall into that category just because he made a couple of posts to sell equipment. There was no mention of meeting the seller - he was PURELY on to sell an item. No offer of a meeting, get together, gathering or any other word you'd like to use.

Incidentally - there was still no mention of an Ebay ID or the nickname used on the other forum where perfect feedback is claimed to exist.

:soapbox:

Here endeth the rant!

I went to Dell.com and did a search for those cameras and could not find them on the web site. i dont think dell sells DSLR's.

I bought my Rebel Xt there for a rippin good deal almost a year ago!

I am brand new to this forum and it is my first post. I joined this forum so I can buy and sell photography equiptment. I feel it is safer to buy from forum members than on Ebay. Just my 2 cents worth as a newbie.

Neo

I am brand new to this forum and it is my first post. I joined this forum so I can buy and sell photography equiptment. I feel it is safer to buy from forum members than on Ebay. Just my 2 cents worth as a newbie.

Neo

I can see your point but there is no protection to anyone buying or selling through this forum. Ebay has protection.
There is no feedback system here. Ebay has.

I don't doubt the trustworthiness and integrity of members but as the opening poster has shown, not every one is a long term member with any friends, contacts, or reputation on this forum.
I'd also point out that although most people don't try to take advantage, items can and do go missing in the post - that's when Ebay protection can kick in and save your cash.

This is a great forum with lots of helpful and knowledgeable people but it's not really for selling (although i know it does) and as such, extra care should be taken since the systems of protection in place at Ebay are not in place here.

The possible problem with this poster is when are the REST of the eBay sellers going to find out about it, and turn the BUY AND SELL forum into 17 threads about specials they are running.

The fact that he offered NO actual credible sources of his success in selling. He said he was an authorized dealer, but if he was, then why sell here? If he ran an Ebay store, why NOT mention it here in hopes to get people interested?! He said he sold on Fred Miranda, but no indication to any username.

This thread is five months old! Maybe we do have too much time on our hands.. I know I do. :lol: Ah, well, that will be over in a couple weeks, when summer semester starts. :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back