new canon lenses?

GooniesNeverSayDie11

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been checking out canonrumors.com and supposedly canon is going to be releasing some lens updates. Most notably, a new 50mm f/1.4 and a 16-40L f/4 IS. Just thought I would post about it and open it up to discussion. I would buy the 50mm if there was atleast a minor improvement in IQ especially towards the wide open end, as well as a true ring USM like the 85mm 1.8 has.

I'll be very very very surprised if we get new lenses any time soon - we already have rock bottom stock levels on their existing stock and even with under a year till the olympics Canon's new 300mm, 400mm, 500mm and 600mm lenses have still not actually been released on the market yet. I think whilst Canon (pre disaster) were keen to upgrade their entire EF line their current plan has to be both to get back to normal lens production and also get some of those super telephotos out into the market.

They might use the disaster to push product lines on some new stuff, but I think they'll have enough trouble just getting regular lines restored.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back