What's new

New D7000

GPRocket

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 19, 2012
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Location
Toowoomba
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a quick few I'd shot on my new Nikon D7000, one was on my D3100 prior to the 7000.

$image-137840454.webp



$image-4203182087.webp



$image-1093939116.webp



$image-2934565032.webp
 
#1: I like the "story" and sense of action. Some underexposure issues. Overall, nice composition and use of DOF. If you're choosing clothing for models, be careful with narrow stripes as they can produce a Moire effect in certain resolutions.

#4: The crop might be a little tight, but I like the color and there's something engaging about the model and her expression. Maybe add more light - make her eyes pop more and illuminate some dark areas? meh.. iunno. Her nails might draw a bit too much attention; I'd probably ask her to close her fingers next time. Nice photo.
 
The first pic has been vignetted just to give it a deeper contrasted effect and the last shot im definately with you, slightly underexposed and now that you mention the nails it does make sense, they do avert your attention slightly from the picture. Thank you
 
That slight vignetting works well, imo.
 
I really like the first picture, it remain me of my brother when we were younger. Enjoy your new D7000, I know I do.
 
the portraits could benefit from some fill flash :) but I really like number 1.
out of curiosity, which was taken on the 3100?
and do you feel your d7000 did something your 3100 wouldn't have in these given situations?
 
Keep in mind I only have access to the Nikon NX 2 photo edit program an it is very minimal. Definately needs some fill, I had my reflectors with me but I was restricted with hands and our 14month old wasn't a happy camper, no sleep = cranky bubba haha....
Ordered Elements 8 today today so hopefully that'll give me a little extra in editing.
The D7000 is much better. The 3100 shot is on my bub playing in the grass at touch football... I wanted a faster consecutive shutter for fast action for started and the extra of flash bracketing and HDR and slave etc but as far as pics quality goes, you wouldn't pick it, but feels more sturdy and easier to use.
Thx for the CC also, means alot.
 
You should get a battery grip to go with your new camera. I didn't believe that I would've like the extra weight and size until I used it. Taking vertical shots become easier with the extra shutter button on the side of the grip.
 
Yeah, batt grips haven't done it for me for some reason, it feels too chunky all over then, but each to their own I guess, a few mates prefer them though... They def do have advantages though.
 
Just two of the few I had the opportunity to take for my inlaws collage frame. Received my elements 8 and done very quick adjustments as I haven't had a chance to fully get to know the program yet.
C&C if you like... Cheers
 

Attachments

  • $image-318005505.webp
    $image-318005505.webp
    105.6 KB · Views: 89
  • $image-1730926129.webp
    $image-1730926129.webp
    78 KB · Views: 83
Just two of the few I had the opportunity to take for my inlaws collage frame. Received my elements 8 and done very quick adjustments as I haven't had a chance to fully get to know the program yet.
C&C if you like... Cheers

As I was recently advised, it helps greatly if the photos are numbered. I'm gonna call these #5 and #6.

#5: Some overexposure in the background is making me squint, but the subject's pretty face is nicely done. I like this photo.

#6: Did you apply an oil painting filter? Parts of the subject's face and hair look really odd.
 
True.. Good point.
Yeah agree now you mention it on no 5 and I just used a surface blur layer and erased on the detailed areas on no 6 but may have over done it slightly as I was rushing it before work this morning an I wasn't sure if it was my eyes playing silly buggers with me, but you're obviously youre seeing the same as I first thought.
 
No 6 redone, surface blur opacity was turned down so it's not as soft and painted like now...
 

Attachments

  • $image-215254517.webp
    $image-215254517.webp
    81.8 KB · Views: 106
Just one from when we were waiting in the park to photograph one of the sisters for the collage that I tried editing in Elements... Still trial and error at the moment.
 
Didn't attach it, oops...
 

Attachments

  • $image-884799906.webp
    $image-884799906.webp
    66.4 KB · Views: 82

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom