New Engagement Session

Ajay

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Did this engagement session a couple weeks ago. I wasn't into the shoot from the beginning for a number of reasons and I can't believe how much my lack of enthusiam showed up in my work. This was one of the worst sessions technically that I've had in a long long time. I did, however, shoot in raw and I think the editing has made a big difference. I had a lot of overexposure so a lot of my highlights are blown out. The couple is happy with them, so I guess thats what matters. Just wish I was happy as they are! Anyway...let me have it!! :) These are my favorites out of over 100. Also, how are the conversions?

1-a lot of bright highlights in this one...did I make it work or are they too distracting?
card1_13sp.jpg

2-
card1_91-1.jpg

3-
card1_134.jpg

4-
card1_167sp.jpg

5- there seems to be a lot of compression showing up on this one...
card1_140.jpg

6-blew the highlight on her hand, but I still like it...this was one of her favorites
card1_144.jpg

7- sunspots on his face too annoying? (grain added on purpose)
card1_177sp.jpg

8-
card1_183.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

Last edited:
I think you are being too tough on yourself. They arent awful by any means. What distracted me was their outfits...they look like they are 3 kids already LOL

why werent you into the session? Its why i dont want to go pro, sometimes I feel sick or tired and do a shoot and i really suck

I think their clothing was distracting too, which is why I naturally liked the sepia ones best. I really like #6.

I think you are being too tough on yourself. They arent awful by any means. What distracted me was their outfits...they look like they are 3 kids already LOL

why werent you into the session? Its why i dont want to go pro, sometimes I feel sick or tired and do a shoot and i really suck

Yeah, I wasn't too happy with their outfits either. The wedding colors are pink and brown, but his shirt is so dark you can't hardly tell it was brown to begin with.

They were both upset when I got there because of some issues with the groom's mom. Then during the session the guy kept making all of these goofy faces and saying silly stuff which was funny for awhile, but then I just wanted him to take it a little more seriously so we could get on with it. Then we had bug problem at one of the locations.

By the end of the thing we were all dead tired. Thanks for the encouragement!

3of11 said:
I think their clothing was distracting too, which is why I naturally liked the sepia ones best. I really like #6.
Thanks! :)

Any other feedback? How about the posing and cropping?

I really have to chime in with a discussion of clichés for #3. I threw up a little in my mouth.

I really have to chime in with a discussion of clichés for #3. I threw up a little in my mouth.

Charming, as always. :er:

This shot was a specific request from the girl and I aim to please, plus I really like that door. I know that these type of shots aren't everyone's cup of tea.

I like them , the poses the pictures all of them

Charming, as always. :er:

This shot was a specific request from the girl and I aim to please, plus I really like that door. I know that these type of shots aren't everyone's cup of tea.

Well, more power to ya. You guys are a special breed.

Thanks mcduffie!

You suggest dulling down by reducing the contrast, lowering the exposure, reducing brightness...?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back