New equipment

snayim

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am looking to upgrade my camera from my old coolpix E8800 to a entry level professional DSLR. Friends have recommended the Cannon XTI or XSI to me but I would like some other opinions. I have a gig coming up doing photography in a low lighting so a high ISO and great performance in low light condions is a must. Are there any recommendations for a cannon or nikon in the 1000-1200 range? Any help would be very appriciated!

-AtlPikMan

I have looked at the D90 and it would be perfect. But my problem is that is on the edge of my price range and I would still need to buy some glass. Right now it is near the top of my list.

Any other recommendations?

I'm a Nikon guy so:

D90
D5000

Just depends on your needs for features really... I have the D90 and love it, well worth the price I paid and it was about double what I planned on spending.

-AtlPikMan

I have looked at the D90 and it would be perfect. But my problem is that is on the edge of my price range and I would still need to buy some glass. Right now it is near the top of my list.

Any other recommendations?
Sell some blood plasma.

I would look into a Canon 50D, I highly recommend the camera. It will be at the upper end of your budget but worth every penny. This will give you access to Canon's phenomenal line of lenses as you grow with your camera.

used D80?
that leaves you some room for decent glass.

adorama has a used section of their site.

i know nothing about canons, but its also a great system to invest in.

used D80?

How about a used 40D? It is around US$600.

used D80?

clear.gif

How about a used 40D? It is around US$600.

I say go for it !

Used 40D's can be had as mentioned for around $600. Many are lightly used as the 50D came out so soon after the 40D. Its a great camera and Canons lens lineup is top notch!

I am no pro photographer but I have done some research in looking for a new bridge camera. I have found thru all my research that Canon makes just about the best Point & Shoots and also so/called Bridge cameras. But when you are ready to step up to a DSLR it is all about the ☼☼Glass☼☼ which equals NIKON!

I am no pro photographer but I have done some research in looking for a new bridge camera. I have found thru all my research that Canon makes just about the best Point & Shoots and also so/called Bridge cameras. But when you are ready to step up to a DSLR it is all about the ☼☼Glass☼☼ which equals NIKON!
I don't normally say things like this... but in this case, it's not someone trying to even compensate for anything, it's just ignorance.

Because what that statement is, is pure nonsense.

I don't normally say things like this... but in this case, it's not someone trying to even compensate for anything, it's just ignorance.

+1:thumbup:

Both systems are great. Both make stellar lenses.
But since Canon released the 50D so quickly after the 40, there are many low milage 40D's on the market. Fantastic camera. I strongly suggest looking into the whole system, not just "which body".

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back