New Film Camera from Pentax announced

News? First kicked around in late 2022 as part of a line of "new" film cameras that relied on pulling old tech staff out of retirement. An oddly-featured p&s will have to be bargain-priced to move off shelves. Seems to be vaporware unless/until something definite drops Exorbitant film prices and scarce labs amount to big headwinds IMHO.

OMG, Just make the K1000 again..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny........80% of the half frame rolls we get at the lab are shot half way.......LOL.....!?!

Reactions: cgw
they reproduce Mustangs

You can build an entire 65-70 Fastback or 65-66 convertible from a catalog.

Start with a new body..........

Reactions: cgw
Came this close to getting a K1000 but went Nikon instead. They were great camera's, but I was seduced by the "N" side.

I started my Pentax journey in the 60's with an Asahi Pentax Spotmatic. Thought nothing could beat it....but then the K1000 came along. Somehow I managed to lose it when we moved Many years ago.

I bought a ZX-M to replace it, no comparison to the K1000. From there went to digital, K30, K3II. K1MII. Eventually GAS will get the best of me and I'll get the 645Z.

Key word--"prototype." Suspect zone focusing will cause some problems judging from the sample shots.
I'm not sure why zone focus will be a problem. I've a Konica C35 ELF(Andy Warhol's camera) and an Olympus XA-2 and they take great photos; which quite frankly amazed me, but they work....and both were(and still are) very popular.

I'm not sure why zone focus will be a problem. I've a Konica C35 ELF(Andy Warhol's camera) and an Olympus XA-2 and they take great photos; which quite frankly amazed me, but they work....and both were(and still are) very popular.
The sample pix show it was. Perhaps (inexperienced)new owners will cheerfully accept the cost and frustration of a few blown rolls as "tuition" in learning the camera's operation?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back