New Film Camera

Yeah, that story is, but I received new notifications about progress this morning.

If it’s in the link I posted above, the project is on ice— permanently from the sound of it. Share if you’ve got rosier news.

While such projects are interesting and worth posting, the hard fact remains that even if you could make a film camera do everything a digital camera can do; there are hundreds of thousands of old film cameras available.

Even the most elite film cameras are fairly inexpensive and many lesser brands can be found at resale shops.

I would think making a changeable film back would be a better course of action.

Update.?
My understanding was those guys never even had a prototype.... they never had a source for a shutter.
Far as i know, "Their Cameras" did not have a natural lens......it was not made to mount a Canon, Nikon, M42, Olympus, Etc etc etc........ they were planning on using an adapter for any lens the camera might accept.
The camera, assuming it would have had a meter, would have metered "Stopped Down" only.
That is a pretty lousy goal to have circa 2020.
JMHO..... but that project seemed a failure from the beginning.
I do not doubt their passion, or sincerity......but they never had the players to go all the way. :confusion:

Most reactions

Back