New flash help

Opher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello first off I just got my first flash and love it. The lighting is instantly improved(over the popup).

I only have one problem. It is to heavy. Im not complaining about carrying it just how it rests around my neck. The flash pulls the camera so that it is face down. If this safe for the camera and flash?

My camera is a Canon XS and the flash is a 430EX II.

sadly cant afford it right now. But you are right i am probably just being paranoid.

Hello first off I just got my first flash and love it. The lighting is instantly improved(over the popup).

I only have one problem. It is to heavy. Im not complaining about carrying it just how it rests around my neck. The flash pulls the camera so that it is face down. If this safe for the camera and flash?

My camera is a Canon XS and the flash is a 430EX II.
You'll notice most pro's don't put a neck strap around their neck, just over the shoulder.

Indeed. And heck, I've gone without the strap altogether quite often; just have a little thing that straps around my hand and I hold the camera in my hand like that. Strap on heavy glass and a flash and things get weighty. >.< Swinging the camera around to the side also lets it swing freely with your gait, rather than bumping into your belt.

If you're worried about the hot shoe, don't. It's metal, and can take the weight of the flash.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back