New guy here, opinions on these two Automotive shots?

daGGoth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took a couple shots last weekend to test out my new lens. I'm really wanting to try to start doing some automotive photography on the side, to fund the new lens that I want. So what is everyone's opinions on these two shots? What can I improve on?

kdVrJl.jpg

5zk1Ul.jpg

Nikon D5000/35mm Prime/1.8f/200ISO/No Filter​

I like the first one. Kinda like an advertisement photo. On the second, I think a solid background, if you can manage it would be awesome...say black or dark blue...maybe even deep red. To me, the trees, sticks, leaves etc kinda are distracting. You could also use some kinda of selective focus and blur out the background as well if you dont have a solid color to use.

That makes sence on the selective focus..

Now, on the background thing, would those colours mainly apply to this type of yellow? Or does it really matter?

Just a personal preference of mine...what I think would make the yellow pop. I could be very wrong, lol. Just what I think might look cool. Do a fake background in ps and see how it would look.

First one could use a little motion blur. Second one i feel like you chopped the car at an akward place.

Utilize everything that's around you when you're shooting. You're using the road and the car to compose your image. There's always lots more to include. You've got the right idea though. Keep it up.

Liked them; instead of tilting the camera to get such an angle, you could have found a up-curvature on the road where the car really goes uneven....
also you could have brightened up the image as a whole to give a happy mood

Regards :D

Most reactions

Back