New here and need some directing!

KrisSaenen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys, my name is Kris and I'm wanting to revamp an old flame, photography!
It's been more than a decade since I stopped and now I'm looking at beginning again, at the bottom.
I was never anything more than an amateur at best and this time around I'm looking at taking it to another level.
I've always been a musician, now stopped due to reasons, and want to take up photography again to fill the creative gap left.
What do you recommend as a good starter camera? I'm pretty keen on getting the basics right and taking it from there.

Anyways,

Greetz from the waffles and beer country!

Hey Kris,

Welcome to TPF, Belgium waffles are the best! :D And god I love our beer! :D

I'm not a huge expert on what you should take to start your adventure.

What do you want to spend on it, prices go from 300 to 2700€ (for just body).
Keep in mind that you also need to buy a lens, and depending on what you want to do there is a large choice.

Maybe a Nikon 3200D (body - 339€) or a canon EOS 600D (Body - 379€) would be a good one to start.
Depending on what brand (Nikon or Canon) you pick, your lens must be compatible with it!

I'm using a Nikon D7000 at the moment which I find awesome! but I think there is a new version now D7100 but it's a bit more expensive then the two above.

Welcome! You'll get loads of great advice from others but I also want to chip in and suggest the Nikon 3200D. Groupon is actually doing a fantastic deal on that right now as well.

Like Ben, I also have a D7000 and the move from 3200D to D7k is buttery.

Happy shooting!

Welcome, Kris. What is your budget?

Welcome to the site.

Welcome aboard Kris!

Howdy kris and welcome aboard. If your looking for a direction try west, it's always beem a personal favorite of mine. Lol

Seriously though as far as a camera is concerned what sort of budget were you thinking and what sort of pictures were you hoping to take, ie landscape, portrait, wildlife, etc

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back