New here and slightly intimidated!

akboeckman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone! I stumbled upon this forum last night, and am looking forward to what I can learn about photography from everyone here. My name is Kristi, I live in north Florida and photography has been a hobby of mine for a few years now. I prefer landscape, nature, and detail photography, especially when I travel; though I've had friends ask me to do family or wedding photos for them, it's definitely not my favorite!

I've always been a strange hobbyist because I don't want to buy everything I can: I've settled on 3 cheap lenses that I love, and a simple Nikon D3100 body. I want to learn more so that I'm comfortable making those bigger purchases and that I feel confident in my ability to use them to their fullest potential!

24085244068_29cb173252.jpg

This is one of my favorite photos I've taken, from last October of Mt. Shasta, California.

Welcome!

Cool photo! Feel free to post more, ask questions, or to shoot the breeze in the Coffee House. Make new threads in the galleries or start posting to the photo themes.

Welcome to TPF! Lovely photo. Please do check out our Galleries section, where you can post your work by category (Landscape being among them). That's a great way to get feedback and get to know folks here.

Keep posting, and have fun!

Welcome! I like your photo also. We have some gifted people among us. They intimidate me also but they are friendly and share!

Welcome to the forum! The D 3100 can accept a lot of lenses, including old, inexpensive, pre-automatic indexing F-mount lenses. Anyway, three different lenses is plenty to get through most situations. Hope you stick around.

Thank you all! I'm still exploring the forums but I'll dive into posting!

Welcome!

Please do not feel intimidated. Having written that, I will say that there are some preferred ways to post questions and photographs to get the most useful commentary. Any time you have questions, please ask.

Welcome aboard, Kristi. Nice shot.

Hi Kristi, welcome to the forum hope you enjoy it here as the members are very helpful for if and when you need to ask a question.

Hi everyone! I stumbled upon this forum last night, and am looking forward to what I can learn about photography from everyone here. My name is Kristi, I live in north Florida and photography has been a hobby of mine for a few years now. I prefer landscape, nature, and detail photography, especially when I travel; though I've had friends ask me to do family or wedding photos for them, it's definitely not my favorite!

I've always been a strange hobbyist because I don't want to buy everything I can: I've settled on 3 cheap lenses that I love, and a simple Nikon D3100 body. I want to learn more so that I'm comfortable making those bigger purchases and that I feel confident in my ability to use them to their fullest potential!

24085244068_29cb173252.jpg

This is one of my favorite photos I've taken, from last October of Mt. Shasta, California.
Welcome to the Forum! Keep posting. I've learned a lot here and the folks are friendly, helpful and have so much knowledge to share.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back