New here! C&C much appreciated :)

MommyOf4

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all. I am brand new to both photography and this forum. I took a photography class in high school (longer ago then i like to admit) and I always loved the art but, being a busy mom of 4 I have very little time for hobbies. Last month my husband surprised me with a DSLR so, i have been practicing and reading trying to improve my skills. I am very very very much a beginner in every aspect. Also, this is my first time working with any kind of editing software so i know its easy for a beginner to get carried away and over edit lol. I try to hold back as much as i can but, i have tons of learning to do! I would love some feedback on some of my pictures. You can be brutally honest with me, i can take it. I know its very amature work but, thats what i am :) These are just some pictures of my children..Thanks, everyone.

5778640443_52e254df53_z.jpg

5779226326_caf0b787e2_z.jpg

5778887569_46f7295c7a_z.jpg

5778766553_cf8ba01f27_z.jpg

5779305628_519348412f_z.jpg

5779277398_1a6aeddb30_z.jpg

5703417427_7bf0611f57_z.jpg

5779286440_8d74196896_z.jpg

5703648553_63cc97889b_z.jpg

5778635075_2f9da92fea_z.jpg

Last edited:
These are great!

In the first one, maybe the composition could be adjusted by moving her more to the left, I feel like I want to see the words on the wall.

Number two looks a little out of focus, but it creates a softness to her face that seems to work.

Very very good for just starting out, i don't have much CC to give. I noticed a couple of your first pictures were centered, but then i looked at your other pictures, im sure you know all about the rule of thirds then.

Just starting out? You have a very good eye then ... these are great, and I'd go as far as to say professional standard from the dandelion downwards.

For the first and last images, changing the angle very slightly would IMHO improve them a little, and the second and last recomposing a little. On the last one she could do with a little more space to her left. For the blue-shirt/sunglasses I'd have cropped a different shape to centre the subject more and lose the shoe on the left. But overall ... seriously good.

Thanks for your input, everyone. One thing I am very aware that I do is shoot quickly because I am afraid to lose the shot and a lot of the time I'm not thinking enough about composition. I am trying to get a little better at that! I find myself cropping more then I should be for this reason.

Welcome to the site!

Very nice start. I too agree with most of what was said above, but wanted to comment on your posting. The best way to receive the most and best CC is to limit the number of pictures you post and keep the pictures that you post within one style or theme. Also, number the pictures so that the CC replies can relate to that picture easier.

Again, great start and thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
Welcome to the site!

Very nice start. I too agree with most of what was said above, but wanted to comment on your posting. The best way to receive the most and best CC is to limit the number of pictures you post and keep the pictures that you post withing one style or theme. Also, number the pictures so that the CC replies can relate to that picture easier.

Woops! This was my first post here so, i am not familiar with forum etiquette. Thanks for the heads up :)

Welcome to the site!

Very nice start. I too agree with most of what was said above, but wanted to comment on your posting. The best way to receive the most and best CC is to limit the number of pictures you post and keep the pictures that you post within one style or theme. Also, number the pictures so that the CC replies can relate to that picture easier.

Woops! This was my first post here so, i am not familiar with forum etiquette. Thanks for the heads up :)

That is not a problem at all. I'm just trying help.

There are many ppl who have been on here for a while and still do not post in a way to receive the best replies.

Please continue to post up more of your work!

I love them! (I'm still in the beginning stages too.) Beautiful kids!!!

What kind of camera/lens are you using?

I love them! (I'm still in the beginning stages too.) Beautiful kids!!!

What kind of camera/lens are you using?

Thank you!! I think they are pretty adorable, but, I may be a little partial ;) Bottom of the barrel when it comes to equipment. I have a Canon t3i with a 1.8 50mm lens. I know some of you will shudder at that lol.

Good to know. I have the T2i & have been wondering about that lens. I love the way your pics look, I think this seals the deal for me, I'm going to have to order that lens!!! Thanks for replying!

Also, I don't think our cameras are "bottom of the barrel" but even if they are, I love my camera! :). (Think T2i & T3i are the same except T3i has the articulating LCD display.)

Good to know. I have the T2i & have been wondering about that lens. I love the way your pics look, I think this seals the deal for me, I'm going to have to order that lens!!! Thanks for replying!

Also, I don't think our cameras are "bottom of the barrel" but even if they are, I love my camera! :). (Think T2i & T3i are the same except T3i has the articulating LCD display.)

Well, by "bottom of the barrel" I meant not a pro camera. I love my camera too :) Its pretty much identical to the t2i, my husband bought it for me as a gift. But, if it were up to me I would have had him save a couple hundred bucks and get the t2i. He liked the articulating screen, its a nice feature to have for a few tricky shots, but, I have only used it once or twice. I just wanted a better portrait lens NOW instead of waiting on the much more expensive lenses. So, I went cheap until I can upgrade and i must say I love the lens. Sure, I'm a beginner so I cant see what a pro can see. But, we have to start somewhere and there is a big improvement in my pictures since i switched from my stock lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back