New here, hello everyone!!

tommac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,

Firstly I have searched and read alot of information regarding my following question but I think I need some advice before I splurge and purchase the wrong equipment.

To start, I am not new to photography but I am new to DSLR. I mainly shoot skateboarding, people & landscapes and am in need of a flash. I currently own a Canon eos 500D and I am wanting to shoot with the flash off camera. I have done alot of re-search regarding the canon speedlights (430 EXII & 580 EXII) and triggers like these Professional Studio Flash Trigger. for sale - TradeMe.co.nz - New Zealand I feel the pocket wizards are to expensive for my budget.

My main question: is the 580 THAT much better than the 430 and will the trigger I have chosen be suitable for my eos set up?

Any suggestions and opinion will be taken on board.

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Tom Mac

From what I understand, they are both good flash units. You B&H has several good reviews, and you can tell who's writing them. You can also check out reviews on Amazon or DPreview or any number of other sites.

You're right, most people don't buy equipment just to try it out. Can you rent or borrow one or both of the units? Read the specs and see if you can figure out what you need.

Does anyone have any experience with other triggers than the pocket wizard which is just too far out of my budget.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back