New here.

telltalltale

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I recently bought a Sony Canon from walmart. SO COOL I have taken great pix and it is so cool. I joined so I can share the cool pics.

Does anyone have advice? I want to know how to take picture REAL WELL like pros.

Sony Canon!?!?!

Well I guess thats what happens when cameras start mating at wal mart...

Well its a sony camera, link to walmart's website here. it's a cybershot DSC-H3/B 8 megapixel

the lens is a canon. it is not on the walmart website, but the box says 75-300 whatever that means. It was only like 200 bucks and the picture guy said it would be good for zooming in on things

I havent hooked it up yet, dont know where to, but i am real excited cause I took them out of the boxes and it feels super cool.

Then my cat ripped into the boxes and cords, but that's a different story.

I am excited!

:lol: You gotta love walmart.

The camera you bought cannot change lenses. And even if it could, I'm quite sure that Canon does not manufacture lenses for Sonys.

Actually, I would return everything and go to a reputable camera shop, or for pity's sake, do some research as to what you need online.

:lol: You gotta love walmart.

The camera you bought cannot change lenses. And even if it could, I'm quite sure that Canon does not manufacture lenses for Sonys.

Actually, I would return everything and go to a reputable camera shop, or for pity's sake, do some research as to what you need online.

You seem smart. what do I need online?

1. If you are going to keep the Sony, read the manual cover to cover. This will likely lead to more questions.

2. Google. There are some pretty nice photography resources available. Come back with specific questions.

3. Return Canon lens to walmart.

Good luck!

thanks for your help. i'll take the sony back to walmart like you recommended. The canon 75-300 is the cheaper one anyway..glad that will do it for me.

thanks for your help. i'll take the sony back to walmart like you recommended. The canon 75-300 is the cheaper one anyway..glad that will do it for me.

You don't need to do that, that camera will be a good starting camera. Zeiss lenses are some of the best in the industry, There is no reason to return it. Judging by the sounds of it you really should start with what you have and upgrade to an SLR later on, Go out and take some pictures with it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back