New Here.

yzaddict106

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to this site and somewhat new to photography. I have done Cinematography for many years, focusing mainly on motocross, and a buddy of mine had a Canon Rebel and let me take a few shots with it. I was hooked! Took me a while, but i finally was able to purchase a camera, the Canon Rebel XTi. Man i love that thing, and ive only had it a few days! Anyways, i went over to Borders Books and bought a few books on mastering photography, and ive been playing around with Shutter speed and ISO, and i just wanted you guys to check out these pictures and tell me what you think.

These pictures were taken this morning at a local park that sits over a creek, with the highway on the other side. My friend Rick was there and i snapped these shots of him looking out over the creek.
IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

1zero6 Productions was the name i used for all my films, but i've realized you guys, as well as a lot of other members of other forums, don't put logo's in your pictures, so I'm thinking about droping that.

Any comments are appreciated

DJ

Heya DJ and welcome to ThePhotoForum.
Nice to be meeting you and your photos ... and I so understand why you got hooked so easily ... isn't photography a most wonderful pasttime? I think it is.

I am glad you say you mean to drop the large watermarks on your pics that you mean to show us here in the galleries from now on, for I was about to say in my reply how distracting I find those and really pulling from the actual photo. (I much doubt anyone who feels like stealing a pic can do much with a 800x533px sized pic ...)

You got yourself a nice bokeh in your second photo here. The first is a bit on the dark side, though you did shoot it at a high ISO, didn't you, since it was still a bit dark outside? Are you deadset against using any post processing software? Else there might be a little chance of still brightening up that first pic ... but it will become even noisier then - that would be a good call for NeatImage then to see how much noise can be reduced again in that last step.

I actually have photoshop, but didnt realize it was a common thing to use to touch up your pictures. By the time i figured that out, i already had the watermarks on the photos, and saved like that, so it was hard to do any touch up. When touching up pictures in photoshop i usually use the hue/saturation tool as well as the brightness/contrast tool. Those seem to work well for touch-ups, but i havent really expiremented with anything else. I did shoot in High ISO, but I'm still trying to get a good handle on how everything works. Thanks for the feedback!

DJ

Most reactions

Back