New laptop for editing

SuzukiGS750EZ

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys. Looking to buy a new laptop for editing and such but don't know what to look at exactly spec wise. I usually just go with gaming pcs. Core i7, 32gb ram, 1tb ssd, gtx 1660 ti is about what I've deduced.

Just for editing I doubt you need a powerful gfx card. As far as I understand it lightroom and photoshop only leverage the gfx card for some functions though I'd really need to look into what and how and where the drop off is. Personally I'd go 16GB ram and spend the extra ££ on the processor. Buy whatever gfx card you have the money left over for. A proper gaming PC is most likely overkill and can be optimised in the wrong places (especially now with gamers tendency to stream). I think as long as you have 4 cores processor speed is most likely the biggest thing that would affect it. An M.2 SSD would be even faster than SATA so it could be a consideration too.

Maybe try the Linus Tech Tips forum, they tend to be pretty good at that level of geekery but I'll try and find out and let you know.

Thank you! I don't want minimum but I think that would be the most intense thing I'd be doing with it.

I bought an HP omen 15t. 4k display, 32gb ram, 9th gen core i7, 1tb ssd m.2, bluetooth 5.0, rtx 2070 max q. Now I need to find A raw editing program

Sorry I meant to reply sooner but life got in the way a bit. Yep, that'll do the job just fine.

It seems lightroom only uses the GFX card if you've enabled acceleration and only in some brushes in the develop panel. I thunk photoshop will be similar though I've not had the chance to look into it properly.

The M.2 drive and the 32GB RAM along with a fast processor and a good boost clock should see most of the job done

Most reactions

New Topics

Back