New lens - 70-300 VR

fiveoboy01

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
IMG_0009.jpg

Picked it up last week. Haven't had much time to use it, it's been very cold out. I'm eager to get outside with it. I did stop on the side of the road today and get a couple of geese pictures.

Excuse the lack of color in the first and second ones.... I accidentally had my preset white balance activated, and the photo turned out all blue. Pulling the blue out meant pulling most of the color out:lol: I guess that's a good argument for shooting RAW but maybe I should remember to check the WB from now on!

490711045_hLa2v-L.jpg

490711971_2FZmi-L.jpg

490715355_4bkjm-L.jpg

Your going to enjoy that lens. My friend has the same camera and same lens and its a great match. His pictures are coming out very nice. Enjoy your new toy.

Good choice. That's a nice sharp lens with quick autofocus, a real step up from the 55-200 kit lens - the only thing that lets it down is that it's really only suited to very good light situations, but hell, for the money it's a bargain.

Nice! I currently own an AF G version, which I'm not very happy with, and I'm planning on getting this lens soon. Some examples of sharpness at 300mm would be nice.

I kind of like pic no. 2. Your "mistake" resulted in a picture that makes it look very cold and dreary.

I have the non-VR Sigma version of that lens. It's kinda mediocre.

Ive just got one and as stated the amount of light is an issue. I went greyhound racing last night floodlit, complete waste of time. Would have needed a fast shutter resulting in blackness. Going back for some day racing soon tho ! But i am pleased with the lens so far.

Nice! I currently own an AF G version, which I'm not very happy with, and I'm planning on getting this lens soon. Some examples of sharpness at 300mm would be nice.

Paul, I posted another thread here about R/C aircraft.

ALL those pics were taken at 300mm for some examples. Keep in mind though that I am new with this and am learning technique still.

Nice, we should do a side by side of my 70-200 and yours.

Sure, just for the deed for your house.

Most reactions

Back