What's new

New Lens! A few shots...

DScience

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Apr 12, 2009
Messages
1,513
Reaction score
122
Location
Denver, CO
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I decided to get the ultra cheap Nikkor AF 50mm f1.8. Although this lens does not AF on my camera, I got it anyway...I really enjoyed shooting with it today!

I mostly wanted to experiment with the DOF from the small aperture. Here are a few I took today in Boulder Colorado. These were hardly PP what so ever...all I did was up the contrast ever so slightly. I'm extremely impressed with the lens quality. C&C always welcome.

1.
3536576973_e4d8c53f74.jpg


2.
3537391140_699cf450a2.jpg



EDIT: I guess it wasn't necessary to number two pics, lol.
 
Looks like it's doing you a good job so far man. I love the colors you're getting with it.
 
Thank you! I am quite impressed with the colors myself! Amazing deal in my mind!
 
Nice colors with the lens, I'm sure i've seen the first shot before, or something very similar.

EDIT: Yes i did, very similar....

Bleeding Hearts on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Nice photos anyway man, loving your photos in your other posts to.
 
Thank you Jamie...I've never seen that picture, but I think it's way better than mine!!

Question for people...How is the focusing? This was my first time using manual focus, I'm not quite sure how I feel.
 
Thank you Jamie...I've never seen that picture, but I think it's way better than mine!!

Question for people...How is the focusing? This was my first time using manual focus, I'm not quite sure how I feel.
It's a sweet lens for the money.

Did you notice: Though it won't AF on your D60 it will illuminate the in focus indicator in your viewfinder as you turn the focusing ring. If you are not in Manual mode you can also put your camera in Rangefinder Mode to aid focusing. Check out page 116 of your manual.
 
Congrats on the lens. The thing is a real doozie. Super sharp. Enjoy it.
 
We can see you made a good choice, I like the first one, they look like they're dancing...

Great colors too
 
Thank you for the comments! I went out again this evening to shoot, and was again so impressed! I have found that manual focus is kind of fun! Adds a little something to the process...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom