New Lens for Fiance

LudoTheGreat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My Fiance is going to be gone for a while, so I think it should be safe to post this now. I know nothing about photography or cameras, but it is her thing. She recently broke her lens that she had been using and it really upset her.

I guess what I need to know is where do I start looking for a new one to surprise her with? I know that her camera is a Pentax K100D and that the lens was a 35-80mm K Mount? I'd like something decent, but at the same time reasonably priced. If anyone could point me into the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.:hail:

It looked exactly like that. I'd love to be able to spend more on one, but I have no idea where to start. What would be the next step up from that one?

It really depends on your budget and what she already has. If you are wanting to replace the lens that covers that same focal length I went with a Sigma EX 24-70mm which runs about $430:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/350968-REG/Sigma_548109_24_70mm_f_2_8_EX_DG.html

If you just want to replace the lens w/ equal quality the one I posted originally is an equal quality kit lens.

A really nice lens to have though that is reasonably priced is the 50mm 1.4:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/40755-USA/Pentax_20817_Normal_SMCP_FA_50mm_f_1_4.html

It's fixed focal length where the one you questioned was a zoom lens. If she doesn't have a 50mm I'd go for this and forget the zoom lens.

Perfect that is exactly what I am looking for. Thank you a million Jonboy!

As a fellow Pentax system user, I can say that that 50mm f/1.4 is something I would love to receive as a gift, though it is quite different in usage than a 35-80mm. The Sigma would be closer to what she lost, and would also be an excellent lens.

I wish someone would buy me glass like this. She'll be very thankful.

I would get the sigma for a good replacement. She will be very happy :)

Would a Sigma 24-70mm f3.5-5.6 UC Aspherical lens suit be a decent replacment for the kit lens she broke?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back