adversus

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.adversus.us
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey folks, I picked up a Nikkor 70-300mm AF-S VR today for my trusty D5000. I've seen good results with it from other people and figured it was fairly future proof if I make the jump to an FX body in another year or so.

So far, I love it. Only downside is weight, but I expected that. Here's some results of my first photo walk, any C&C is appreciated!

#1:
4759083333_486f9f1a83_z.jpg

#2 - This was a small plant, took it in fading evening light, but I think it turned out great:
4759080219_3aab910699_z.jpg

#3 - This isn't the best (from a technical standpoint), but it captures something I didn't expect to see:
4759078653_2dcc9482cd_z.jpg

#4:
4759084499_cf4681450f_z.jpg

Are these processed or not? The colors are pretty good especially on that first shot with a bit of sunlight..

A bit of color correction and exposure correct done afterwards (and cropping). That's it, no fancy stuff. Well I don't consider that fancy at least :)

1. I like.
2. Best of the bunch, dunno why but I like it.
3. Made me LOL when I did see that, shot!! Looks nice and sharp as well. Great capture.
4. Nothing special IMO.

:thumbup:

oh LOL I just figured out what was on the 3rd pic HAHA

I quite like that bit of (goose) drama you captured in #3, and it looks tack sharp! I'm not surprised to hear that you like your new lens!

looks like a fun day for you so congrats there my friend.

Thanks all! The last picture that was sort of "meh" I was mainly trying out the closeup abilities of this lens. It focuses down to 1.5 meters, so at 300 (or 450mm 35mm) I was hoping to get nice crisp closeups.

It'll tide me over until I get a proper macro :)

The colors are just beautiful.

#1 and 2 are beautiful, my favorites of the bunch!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back