New lights + New Lens + Dog's Birthday =...

Stradawhovious

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Broke out the Neewer strobes, the new Nikon 85mm 1.8g and the dog (Bocephus) who just turned 1 year old... and here are the first test shot.

Not too bad! And if I may say so myself, he's a damn handsome pup.

Bo bday2iwbz.jpg

Attachments

• Bo Bday1iwbz.jpg
    Bo Bday1iwbz.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 174
Awe, big boy is a happy boy! Nice set. Gotta love that lens.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Here's couple more... Feel free to pick nits. It's the only way I will get any better!

Bo Bday6iwbz copy.jpg

2. I call this one "I can haz treat now??"

Bo Bday5iwbz copy.jpg

Man, you can't rightfully not pic any of these. Great photographer and super posing, well trained dog. Teach the dog to shoot, probably will be better than me in two weeks.

Man, you can't rightfully not pic any of these. Great photographer and super posing, well trained dog. Teach the dog to shoot, probably will be better than me in two weeks.

Thanks! But I think you give us both way too much credit.
He was like a ferret on crack (as puppies are) and it was largely an exercise in patience... which is fine. I had fun.

I'd like to have more distance betwee him and the backdrop and him and the lights. My shoebox sized house doesn't allow for that though. Luckily spring is around the corner, and I will be able to set up in the garage.

The hardest challenge was backing the fill light off. The lights were so close that I couldn't turn the power low enough on the fill to make any kind of contrast, so I draped a white shirt over the softbox before installing the modifier to knock it down about a stop.

My pup can't sit still. He doesn't care for the camera but is ok with phone.

My pup can't sit still. He doesn't care for the camera but is ok with phone.

Bo was crazy calm for about 9 months, then a switch flipped and he went into meth-head puppy mode... which is awesome with a 100lb puppy.

All except the first shot my wife was standing right over him, bribing him with chicken treats. If you pixel peep in his eyes you can see her.

now try this with cats... :BangHead:

Great set! Say "cheese" - errr 'chicken'. :D

Gorgeous dog and beautiful shots. Bernese Mountain dog?

Most reactions

Back