New little friend! (Pssst: New photo added!)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This chaffinch seems to have taken a shine on us (and gets easily annoyed with Mia, the cat, who he feels he has to challenge over and again), he's become quite tame by now, so I could not NOT try to get some photos of him!

junecoloursfinkraupen.jpg

The only thing he hasn't learned as yet is that he has to pose where there actually is LIGHT! He prefers to be where it is dark. Hmph. ;)

wonderful shot - clear and sharp and with light and to have his beak full as well is an added bonus!

what is he standing on though?

Our garden chairs, maybe even the replacement chair for the one that "exploded" at the meet-up when Hertz sat down on it, who knows ;) ;) ;). He was very close to our back door!

hmm I don't think that exploding chair has been seen yet in the holid -- meetup thread (if it has its been lost in the sea of photos!

nice one, great color in the background. the caterpillars in his beak are a cool detail as well. brings story to the picture, cause you know he's going to his nest.

Corrina, my apologies, I removed the previous post of mine.

What a lovely capture you made with your new friend.

Birds are amazing creatures thats for sure, We get nesting birds every year in my yard as well as eastern gray squerells and bunnys. Its like a damn zoo around here, keeps my dog in shape lol. Newest creature this past year are now chipmunks there everywhere........ cute little critters!

Anywho nica capture, love the fact its fully stocked and ready to feed, cool colors as well. Wish you luck with more shots of him/her....

:clap: Beautiful shot! Such nice colour on its chest, nice sharp focus on the eye, and a great addition that it has the squirmy green things in its mouth.

Wow that is fantastic how close you got. Amazingly sharp, that is really the way to get small bird shots, so close. The background is great too, nicly blurred. I hope you get the chance to get some more shots before the little ones leave the nest and put them up to see.

tim

"Wha'? You really wanna see more???"

finkwannaseemore.jpg

Cool looking finch! Nice images!

If he's challenging your cat he's got a nest somewhere nearby I bet. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back