New & looking for some C&C

clbowie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.clbowie.zenfolio.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all! A friend referred me here and stupid me didn't ask what her screen name was. Maybe she'll pop in!

Anywho .... just inherited a Canon EOS 20D and have been trying my hardest to find time to shoot and learn. Here are a few I'd love to get some feedback on. TIA!

p162650834-3.jpg

p609944402-3.jpg

p1003366632-3.jpg

p979096072-3.jpg

I like 2 and 3 the best, but 3 could use a levels adjustment :)

I like 2 and 3 the best, but 3 could use a levels adjustment :)

:D It's a start! Thanks David! So ... what do you mean by levels? I don't have photoshop and I'm just doing some slight auto post processing w/ a Microsoft product called Microsoft Digital Image Suite. I'm hoping to get Photoshop sometime soon though.

I can't help you with your software, but basically it's a tool in photoshop that lets you change the blacks and whites in your image. Making your blacks black and your whites white, if that makes sense. Sorry I couldn't explain it better, but that's the jist of it.

Oh and one more thing I noticed is that I see some noise in some of your pictures. What ISO were you using?

I can't help you with your software, but basically it's a tool in photoshop that lets you change the blacks and whites in your image. Making your blacks black and your whites white, if that makes sense. Sorry I couldn't explain it better, but that's the jist of it.

Oh and one more thing I noticed is that I see some noise in some of your pictures. What ISO were you using?

ISO 400 on all

How about your shutter speed? The last one looked like it could have been snapped at least with ISO 200.

I would have shot the last 2 at a slower shutter so I can shoot at a lower ISO to reduce the amount of noise that a high ISO brings. I suggest you invest in a tripod ;)

I really like number 1. :wink:

yeah for some reason i'm also drawn into #1 as well... i think it's because the one drop is clear as day ( actually there a few in that shot that you can see reflections ). can't put my finger on it but... for some reason it just stands out to me

Most reactions

Back