What's new

New Member Black & White Photos

Blair

Painting with Light
Joined
Jan 4, 2007
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
Location
San Antonio, TX and Atlanta, GA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,
Just stumbled onto this forum and wanted to get y'alls thoughts on some Black and whites I shot on new years day........These were taken at Mo-Ranch in the Texas Hill Country near Kerrville

IMG_0054-01BW3.jpg

Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT
18 mm
0.60 sec Exposure Time
f/22
ISO 100

IMG_0074-01BW3.jpg

18 mm
1/250 sec
f/18
ISO 400

IMG_0075-01BW3.jpg

18mm
1/250 sec
f18
ISO 400


Thanks in advance,
Blair
 
Dear Blair,

Welcome.
Did you convert these pictures to BW in the camera or did you convert them afterwards using some software like Photoshop?
 
Hiya Blair and welcome to ThePhotoForum.
Good to see you here.
Of the black and whites that you are submitting I know I like the middle one very much, it offered nice contrasts (lots of light and shadow) to you to begin with and you take best advantage of it.

The top one, so I think, does not offer itself as readily to your conversion as does the second.

And the third, but as to that I am not quite sure I like the tilt...
 
The mist on the surface of the water and the blurred water itself add very cool effects, I like that shot a lot!
 
you might try cropping the first photo to highlight the mist and the waterfall by using primarily the middle right
 
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm glad y'all like my photos and thanks for the ideas! I will try them...

Blair
 
I love black & white pictures. Awesome pictures
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom