New member, excited to be here!

bobbybabaletskos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeem.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, my name is Bobby, from Austin, Texas, USS. I have been seriously interested in photography for quite a long time. With cellular phone cameras improving, I got hooked. For the last year, I have been longing to buy a DSLR. Yesterday, my dream came true with a $125 Craigslist transaction for a Canon EOS 350d body, a 50mm/1.8 lens and an Ef-S 18-55mm lens, and Battery grip that holds 2 batteries. I feel it is a good camera to start with, and I am excited to see how the images show on a bigger screen -just found 2 sync USB cables at goodwill, can't wait to get home to connect it!
I am aware of the limitations of this camera, but I feel I have what I need to go out and take some photos.

I am a member of Eyeem, and I have been uploading for about a year. All my photos there are taken with my One plus One cellphone, but that is about to change. Here is a link to me profile.

Bobby Babaletskos

Looking forward to know you all, and at the same time, learning about photography!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Welcome, great camera to start with. Post pics and ask the questions!

Greetings Bobby,

Welcome to TPF. Don't worry about the "limitations" of the camera. Remember some of the most iconic images of the last century were taken with cameras that by today standards would be considered antiquated junk.

Sure, better equipment might make some things easier, but in the end it's really your skill and knowledge that will make the most difference in the end results. So best advice I can give is read everything you can, and shoot as much as you can to put that information to practical use. When it comes to shooting find what works for you and stick with it.

Greetings Bobby,

Welcome to TPF. Don't worry about the "limitations" of the camera. Remember some of the most iconic images of the last century were taken with cameras that by today standards would be considered antiquated junk.

Sure, better equipment might make some things easier, but in the end it's really your skill and knowledge that will make the most difference in the end results. So best advice I can give is read everything you can, and shoot as much as you can to put that information to practical use. When it comes to shooting find what works for you and stick with it.
Thank you Robbins.photo. I share the same with you, regarding the equipment. I have been shooting some photos of random stuff at the moment. I think I may have gotten some nice cloud formations, but it all looks good in the tiny LCD.
Thank God for Goodwill, I found two sync cables for $.99 each, and another $.99 for a nice bag, that fits my two lenses, cables, camera, remote shutter and card reader like a glove. I have a flimsy tripod, so I will be investing in one of those soon. I have gimp2 setup, too, ready to sync.
I have been reading a lot if the basics. I got the aperture/shutter/ISO triangle down. I am just excited to experiment with it. I am going full manual for now. I just shoot, then tweak, then shoot, etc etc. It is a lot of fun. Can't wait to get better!

Thanks for the advice and the welcomes to all of you. I am looking forward to be sharing photos in the next few days.

Here are some images taken the last couple of days. Used gimp for auto white balance. The most dramatic improvement in white balance processing happened with the cloud formation. You wouldn't recognize the original.

Open to critique

090348dad2a52419d732481865025e78.jpg

7b66f4d31e67e1bf3b0ecdf6cc25f88b.jpg

da3b9d78693b1572a84d015c3001061e.jpg

Nice clouds and welcome to the forum. Remember that "limiting" equipment just makes it harder to capture the exceptional image ... Limiting equipment does not inhibit or stop you from taking an exceptional image.

Starting with Manual is a good thing (in my book). It will give you a solid foundation to fully understand and maximize the Auto modes.

Shoot the hell out of that camera, you will learn a ton on exposure, composition, timing and in seeing light.

Good Luck and Good Shooting.

Most reactions

Back