New member, first photos with film SLR

verticalization

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone, i've been reading the forum for a few days now and decided to register, as i finally got back into SLR cameras (after taking a class in 9th grade, and than never playing with them again until now.. 8 years later)

I recently picked up a Minolta XG-M with a few lenses, and took it up to the catalina mountains in Tucson AZ.. and here are a few of my favorites from the set (went through 3 rolls of 24exp film)

75790024.jpg

75790014.jpg

taken with tokina 80-200mm zoom lense

75800018.jpg

75800020.jpg

75800022.jpg

taken with tokina 28mm wide angle lense (with polariser filter)

75800021.jpg

taken with same as above

75810024.jpg

taken with the tokina 80-200mm zoom lense.. underexposed unfortunately :(

Thats about it, C&C is welcome :)

I think the last one's great, shame about the underexposure though!

I agree with people above who liked #3, though I think you could probably crop out a bit of the sky. Maybe if you could have gotten more of that curvy road and less of the sky it would have been even better. Too bad it was so hazy- a UV filter might help a bit, as would a polarizer, which will help saturate all the colors

I have but one thing to say...

meep meep!!!

i would have like 5 better if that biker wasn't there
o well

About 3, i wish i would have realised the UV filter was on my wideangle lense, and not on the zoom lense..
and those pics are taken from CVS' photo CD from where i got it developed, however im working on scanning them myself now that im at home..
hopefully i can make them better with a good scan, and a lil photoshopping

About 3, i wish i would have realised the UV filter was on my wideangle lense, and not on the zoom lense..
and those pics are taken from CVS' photo CD from where i got it developed, however im working on scanning them myself now that im at home..
hopefully i can make them better with a good scan, and a lil photoshopping

Yeah, You are definately going to want a film enabled scanner, the results are far superior to what the drug store can do with a Photo CD.

Most reactions

Back