New member & first post...

northcoast

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
:)

Last edited:
The photos all look really nice, well framed/cropped in each. Welcome to the forums!

Last edited:
You've got a good eye. However, all of these could benefit from a larger f/# (smaller aperture), especially #'s 1,2, and 4. You can really see it in the bird and the flower. Notice how the area of focus (the bird's head, the flower's pedals) are in sharp focus, but other parts of the subject (the birds chest and wing, the center of the flower) are not? A larger f/# will give you a larger depth of field, or how much of the picture is in focus.

I would have loved to have seen those water droplets on the bird be sharp. It would have added a whole other dimension to the photo. Same for the flower. Typically, when you take a macro shot, the entire subject should be in focus. Not always, but most of the time.

I like #3 the best, although there are some focusing issues. I like that you have blank space to the right of the hokey player, because that's where they're looking. :thumbup:

Keep it up! I hope to see more from you.

Last edited:
You've got a good eye. However, all of these could benefit from a larger f/# (smaller aperture), especially #'s 1,2, and 4. You can really see it in the bird and the flower. Notice how the area of focus (the bird's head, the flower's pedals) are in sharp focus, but other parts of the subject (the birds chest and wing, the center of the flower) are not? A larger f/# will give you a larger depth of field, or how much of the picture is in focus.

I would have loved to have seen those water droplets on the bird be sharp. It would have added a whole other dimension to the photo. Same for the flower. Typically, when you take a macro shot, the entire subject should be in focus. Not always, but most of the time.

I like #3 the best, although there are some focusing issues. I like that you have blank space to the right of the hokey player, because that's where they're looking. :thumbup:

Keep it up! I hope to see more from you.

Just to add on #3, if you're going to shoot sports, it's always nice to see faces....not the back of heads. ;)

Welcome to the forum. :thumbup:

Last edited:
2 and 4 are great!! Welcome to the forum, I'm new myself. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your photos! :)

It looks like you zoomed in with a telephoto lens and some cropping. I suggest walking closer to the subject next time.. Usually you get much better results :lmao: . Speaking about coming closer.. would that be cool if you do a macro shot of his/her pink nose!

DBB0B8860E2243508B670155644744D3.jpg

Last edited:
Lol. I was just joking about going closer to a TIGER!

Most reactions

Back