new member, just saying hi!

Jon K

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hey everyone. just thought i'd say hello, im usually a lurker, but i know my sister is active on this forum (andreag5). She's a Nikon D70 user, even though her handle says G5, she still has her G5 though.

I am a Canon user. I have a 300D kit, i bought a 50mm 1.8 prime, loved it, but needed some more reach. I figured a 70-200 F4.0L USM was a decent start. so yeah, i have a gallery online at orbitalinternet.net that i post my decent works at. I haven't any really good pics with my L lens yet, but I will post the one I do have, i think it's beautifully sharp -- every lens i buy from now on will be L!

chris.jpg

that's a 100% crop of a RAW file from my 300D using the 70-200 @ F4.0 at 200mm. I would show a resized original for perspective of distance, but i erased it.

So next up is a wide-zoom, or super wide zoom, i think. F/2.8, maybe like 12 - xx or something, since 300D is 1.5x crop. Any ideas?

This should go in the intro forum down at the bottom of the index page!

Maybe a nice moderator will come along and move it for ya!

(Or maybe a nice Admin will come along and make me a nice moderator, and I'LL move it for ya! :mrgreen: )

Aaaanyway...welcome to the forum, Jon!!!

probaly should be in the other forum but anyways

Welcome to the forum, ill look forward to seeing some of your shots.
I used to be a lurker too :)
Welcome!

Welcome to tpf! :)

Welcome to TPF Jon! :) Yeah, this thread will probably be moved to the Welcome forum - do not be afraid, this is standard operating procedure. ;)

Glad you decided to join us - start posting and have fun!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back