New monitor time

....and I'm sure I'm forgetting something. :lol:

The $300 cable!

But back on topic. I'll support the Dell sentiment. They have been well known for making affordable monitors that are ahead of the pack for image quality. Sorry can't help on specifics of what and where. Asus have been fairly consistent too.

Forget the calibrator. There are plenty of online resources to help you manually adjust them which will get you close enough. And if you are big on printing, just print something, then hold the print next to your monitor with the same image and adjust accordingly.... There you go ghetto calibration done. I'm sure this is the way it was done for many years.

"In regards people who want to one-up you, and everyone else, with technical stuff about the only right way to do it - which amazingly coincidently is their way - ignore them.
They don't really want to help you as much as they want to burnish their own reputation as a savant."

Right, this isn't my first rodeo and they aren't the first clowns I've met on line.

Currently considering this unit; Dell 22 Monitor – P2214H Professional

And I've found a few on line calibration sites which are more complete than the Windows color management software. So a calibration tool may wait.

Most reactions

Back