new ND16 filter, test shot

Fleacz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hey guys here is a shot i took with a new ND16 Hoya filter and a linear polorizer filter too. C&C please.

P1190991.jpg

thanks.

Well, it's a photograph. But without a sans-ND image to compare it to, not much we can C&C about.

It just looks like calm, still water.

Well, it's a photograph. But without a sans-ND image to compare it to, not much we can C&C about.

It just looks like calm, still water.

what is a sans ND image?

Galveston! Hey man, have you ever tried shooting on Bolivar? I was over there (drove the long way around and came home on the ferry) Monday evening and there is good potential. Mosquitoes were terrible though when I tried to shoot the lighthouse.

Galveston! Hey man, have you ever tried shooting on Bolivar? I was over there (drove the long way around and came home on the ferry) Monday evening and there is good potential. Mosquitoes were terrible though when I tried to shoot the lighthouse.

ya mosquitoes are pretty bad right now. i dont think i've tried bolivar yet, nor the light house. i dont know galveston all too well just yet.

I've spent a lot of time on Stewart metal detecting, but no time shooting so I don't know it well either. That was my first trip to Bolivar. It's a completely different landscape on that side of the bay. You should go check it out near sunset if you can... take the ferry across, and just on the other side is the lighthouse. There is (currently) a pool of water right in front of it so you can set up for a nice reflection shot if you want. That's my plan this weekend anyway. Weather is supposed to be crappy Sunday which will make for a great shoot. Plus the fort is over there and some interesting piers in the water. It's a neat little piece of land.

wow sounds like i've been missing out. i'll try that out ASAP.

I don't understand why this shot needed a ND filter. Were you going for a really slow shutter speed to get a certain effect?

Most reactions

Back