New Nigerian scam

Josh66

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
LOL, check this out - it was in my mail today.

The FBI was kind enough to write me and explain that my transaction with the Central Bank of Nigeria didn't go through because it was a scam. Don't worry though - I can still get my money (all 1.5 million USD of it), all I have to do is pay a small $260 fee.

The FBI said:
Anti-Terrorist and Monitory Crimes Division.
Federal Bureau Of Investigation.
J. Edgar. Hoover Building,
Washington D.C
Telephone Number : (202) 984 - 0470

ATTN: BENEFICIARY

This is to Officially inform you that it has come to our notice and we have thoroughly completed and Investigated with the help of our Intelligence Monitoring Network System that you are having a transaction with Impostors claiming to be officials of the Central Bank Of Nigeria.

During our Investigation, it came to our notice that the reason why you have not received your payment is because you have not fulfilled your Financial Obligation given to you in respect of your Contract/Inheritance Payment from the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

So therefore, we have contacted the Federal Ministry Of Finance on your behalf and they have brought a solution to your problem by coordinating your payment in the total amount of $1,500,000.00 ( One Million Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars) which has been creditted to File Number CN-TTX/0902R/08, You now have the lawful right to claim your funds from the Central Bank of Nigeria by contacting the Foreign Operation Department for the Transfer of your funds to either via Bank Wire Transfer or certified bank check.

Since the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Ministry Of Finance (Nigeria) has been involved in this transaction, you are now to be rest assured that this transaction is legitimate and completely risk-free as it is our duty to Protect and Serve citizens.

All you have to do is to contact the Foreign Operation Department of the Central Bank of Nigeria via E-mail for instructions on how to procure an Affidavit of Claims from the Federal High Court before the release or transfer of your funds can be made by the bank to you.

We have confirmed that the amount required to procure the Affidavit of Claims will cost you a total sum of $260.00 USD (Two Hundred and Sixty United State Dollars) which will be paid via Western Union Money Transfer / MoneyGram with the payment details that will be provided to you by the Foreign Operation Department of the Central Bank of Nigeria.

Below, is the contact details of the Bank Official whom will process your transaction:

CONTACT INFORMATION

NAME: Michael Woodgate

Tel: +(234) 802 449 7387

EMAIL: [email protected]

You are to contact Mr. Michael Woodgate and provide him with the following information:

Your Name:
Contact Address:
Cell Number:
Telephone Number:
Age & Occupation:

Upon the receipt of your response to the Foerign Operation Department of the Central Bank of Nigeria, you shall be provided with instructions on how to send the payment of $260.00 USD for the procurement of the Affidavit of Claims after which he will proceed with the transfer of your funds to you without no further delay, You have hereby been authorized/guaranteed by the Federal Bureau Of Investigation to commence towards completing this transaction, as there shall be NO delay once payment for the Affidavit of Claims has been made to the authorized office.

FBI Director Robert Mueller.

I really wish someone would teach them English!
then a basic IQ buildup from there.
I mean come on first paragraph it says that you are taking part in illegal activities - second paragraph says the reason they are not working is because you have not help up your end of the bargain and the FBI want to help you do this...................

I wonder - that all these scams are aimed at the US and no other nation - is this an IQ indicator for the US? ;)

They take this pretty seriously too. This e-mail was from none other than the Director of the FBI, I must be really important to get that kind of special attention.

well of course - he wants to make sure you get your $1,500,000.00 ;)

I love that such an official person has an email account through gmail!
Maybe they're just trying to save a little cash, they gotta be running low with all the money they keep sending our way.

LOL, it's from the Monitory (not Monetary) Crimes division.

Send this one back:

Subject: REQUEST FOR URGENT CONFIDENTIAL BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP

Dear American:

I need to ask you to support an urgent secret business relationship
with a transfer of funds of great magnitude.

I am Ministry of the Treasury of the Republic of America. My country
has had crisis that has caused the need for large transfer of funds of
800 billion dollars US. If you would assist me in this transfer, it
would be most profitable to you.

I am working with Mr. Phil Gram, lobbyist for UBS, who will be my
replacement as Ministry of the Treasury in January. As a Senator, you
may know him as the leader of the American banking deregulation
movement in the 1990s. This transactin is 100% safe.

This is a matter of great urgency. We need a blank check. We need
the funds as quickly as possible. We cannot directly transfer these
funds in the names of our close friends because we are constantly
under surveillance. My family lawyer advised me that I should look for
a reliable and trustworthy person who will act as a next of kin so the
funds can be transferred.

Please reply with all of your bank account, IRA and college fund
account numbers and those of your children and grandchildren to
[email protected] so that we may transfer your commission
for this transaction. After I receive that information, I will
respond with detailed information about safeguards that will be used
to protect the funds.

Yours Faithfully
Minister of Treasury Paulson

Wow, a letter from the director of the FBI wanting to throw money at you, what an honor :hail::lmao:

and he uses Gmail to show he is an average joe like the rest of us!!

Most reactions

Back