New Nikon D3100

pearsonrk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just got this in yesterday, but I really don’t know howto use it. I bought this to take pics of my Green Tree Pythons as shown below,but I would really like to learn how to use this to capture the full beauty ofthese animals. Any help and tips would be helpful.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Transitioning from a beginner to an intermediate photography you would learn to shoot in Manual, Aperture, and Shutter modes. Those 3 modes can help you create any image you want depending on the conditions. From the pictures you posted it looks you took the pictures inside under low lighting. Try taking pictures of the snake during the day using the natural sunlight (dont use the built in flash) I would say experiment in A (aperture) mode. choose a low aperture around 5 and the camera will automatically pic a shutter speed. But this will only work if you have a good lighting around the snake otherwise the shutter speed will be to low and the picture may come out blurry. After that comes all the fun with post editing like adobe Lightroom.

have fun experimenting!

Congrats on the new camera! I would suggest learning everything and anything you can about exposure, aperture, shutter speed, ISO, etc, and then to get those really good shots of those green snakes use some off camera flash. If you're going for those National Geographic quality shots don't feel bad if it takes you a long time and a lot of $$$. Until then just shoot, shoot, shoot, and learn as you go!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back