New Noob!

PJM

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yesterday I took my 6 year old granddaughter on a hike to our favorite wildlife sanctuary. She asked me to take a picture of a fallen tree for her. Instead of doing it I asked her if she wanted to take the picture herself. So, I showed her how to hold the camera and snap a picture. That was the last I used the camera for the rest of the hike.

She didn't just snap away. She thoughtfully looked for things that interested her. Here is a sampling of what interests a 6 year old. I may be buying another camera soon.

Tree roots
E5436B93-91E4-4625-90E8-280ACF69D97E by Peter Martin, on Flickr

Small cave
D95579C3-FF6E-4CA1-BEF6-DC58C5B1A150 by Peter Martin, on Flickr

Tunnel through rocks
594A3AAC-EE15-4BE9-9F71-268C3884C76A by Peter Martin, on Flickr

Me
82040D4E-B85E-4A1A-BAA2-9586709DC021 by Peter Martin

Sky reflected on pond
E5ADB25E-F9F2-4835-97C5-D8FDBEF94331 by Peter Martin, on Flickr

That is cool.

Pete, I think your right about the new camera soon. ;)

Only a few years before she can join, some brill photography.... watch out you will be replaced lol

Great start.

That is cool.

Pete, I think your right about the new camera soon. ;)

Keep encouraging her, its a good start

Only a few years before she can join, some brill photography.... watch out you will be replaced lol

Thanks everyone. It was quite fun watching her get into it. I'm hoping it becomes one of those special things we can do together when she visits.

Now you'll have to answer to her parents ... "What did you do to her? She won't stop talking about photography!! " lol!

Interesting set and they clearly depict the mind of an adventurous child.

Great learning and bonding time.

Now you'll have to answer to her parents ... "What did you do to her? She won't stop talking about photography!! " lol!

Interesting set and they clearly depict the mind of an adventurous child.

As she never stops talking anyway it will only be a change of topic:02.47-tranquillity:

She's off to a good start.

That is how I ended up with my Canon 80D. Daughter took over the T2i.

Most reactions

Back