New on the forums

Amyranth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.aluminaphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all! Figured I'd introduce myself here, just posted my first thread in the general photo gallery.

I'm Kelly, 22 and love photography! no really? you'd think? on a photography forum?!
I first got into photography in December 2011 - or rather, I got to shoot with a DSLR.
I always loved taking pictures, but never had the money or resources to get my hands on one. Then, I flew over to Dallas to meet my now husband, who I'd met over the internet - He'd been photographing for years and one day he took me out to the back of a brick factory with some trees and nature around it and pushed his Dslr in my hands.. I've been a lost cause ever since :D

I bought a Canon T3i at the time, with the standard kitlens and a zoom. When I got back to Holland a few months later I bought a 50mm and my personal favorite and baby, 100mm 2.8 macro. Now the macro.. now that is my lens. I'll share some of my best macro shots in this post with you guys.

Fastforward, I moved to the States a few months ago, to marry the same guy I just talked about :D and we now reside in Northern California. I've taken up his Nikon D800 and I adore shooting pictures of pets. We have two beautiful cats and I occasionally shoot some pictures of the neighbors chihuahua. I am considering starting up a pet photography business, since I adore pets (Been horseback riding since I was 11, had multiple dogs, cats and small critters) and know how to *properly* train dogs. (& horses, but don't think that'll come in very handy ;) ) But for now I need *much* more experience.

Thanks for reading my story!
This is my topic about the pet pictures: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...-pictures-would-appreciate-some-feedback.html

Oh and last but not least: I decided to join this forum since I could really use some feedback from pro's - I really would like to improve, and maybe make some contacts and connections :)

These are my macro shots, and I'm quite proud of them. :D not necessarily for feedback, but if you have some pointers I'd love to hear them anyway.
$IMG_2488-2.jpg$IMG_4293-3.jpg$Kelly_120423_4222.jpg$Kelly_120423_4243.jpg$Kelly_120427_4280.jpg$Kelly_120519_0543.jpg$Kelly_120519_0718.jpg$Kelly_120519_0778.jpg$Kelly_120729_1713.jpg

Welcome,
I like Walnut Creek, love Northern California (used to live in SF), and visited the Netherlands a lot when I lived in Hanau Germany so you're good with me.

Lew

Welcome aboard Kelly!

Welcome to the site.

Most reactions

Back