What's new

New Orleans Innocence

Luminosity

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Apr 30, 2004
Messages
2,507
Reaction score
17
Location
Melbourne, Oz but missing Toronto.
Walking down a Nawlin's street, I spied this little girl peeking at her daddy. I walked across the road, certain she would move away shyly but she remained as she was, shot me a shy smile and let me take her pic.

1526-NewOrleansInnocence.jpg




I forget whether I've posted this already or not...
 
great shot, however the chord in the top left is a bit distracting. but that can be easily fixed in ps.
 
Didn't you shoot some of these photos at 3200 or something like that? I like the grain, it works really well in this shot.
 
your title should be 'the most undervalued tpf photog'
 
Thanks Dan and Darin :blushing:

I think theres many members here who don't post enough...and SHOULD, because I've seen so much talent here.

Yep, Darin, I shot the majority of my New Orleans pics in Ilford 3200 but this particular shot was taken using the tail end of Ilford 400. Otherwise it would've been swimming in grain like the rest of them. I put in the 3200 thinking it was another roll of 400 * note to self : Look at the film properly when loading*;)

Thanks for the feedback !
 
I really like the whole idea behind this shot but I can't help but be distracted by the white car and the receding BG. I feel it is competing for attention with the subject of the photo - and winning for the most part. It's just that the girl occupies so little space in the image and is basically hidden. It actually took me a few seconds to notice her. Mebbe a bit of cropping to make the focus more to the little girl?
Hope that's not too harsh. :)
 
JonK said:
I really like the whole idea behind this shot but I can't help but be distracted by the white car and the receding BG. I feel it is competing for attention with the subject of the photo - and winning for the most part. It's just that the girl occupies so little space in the image and is basically hidden. It actually took me a few seconds to notice her. Mebbe a bit of cropping to make the focus more to the little girl?
Hope that's not too harsh. :)

Not at all harsh Jon, in fact most of the people I have shown this to have said the same thing...they look down the street, at the car etc....then they notice the little girl peeking and go " Ahhhh ...". Kinda like a 'Where's Waldo' thang ;).

I will be doing a crop, focusing on her face, as an alternative of this shot. I don't mind the surprise value when one finally spots the girl also, so I'll flow with both versions.

I do wish I had gotten in a little closer to her so the photo showed her inquisitive cheeky eyes.

I always welcome helpful critique, so thank you !
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom