DSCF5115.jpg

DSCF5124.jpg

GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

elliottlakejuly4to62009256.jpg

elliottlakejuly4to62009285.jpg

julyaug200835.jpg

june122009457106.jpg

june122009457107.jpg

First off allow me to Thank you for taking the time to glance at my photos. I'm new here at TPF and the same as photography. I would love any advice you have to offer.

Thanks & Cheers

Miranda-Jean

Hello. Hooray for you posting and asking how to improve :)

One thing I am noticing is some sharpness issues, might just be missed focus and some camera shake. See here for some ideas on that.

The first one, I like that you captured it while the horse was looking to one direction. The horse is too centered though. By placing the horse to the side or a corner and leaving some space toward the direction the horse is moving that would add interest. That is commonly called "Lead Room". Mentioned briefly here.

The second photo has that lead room I was mentioning. It''s overexposed. Probably because your meter in the camera read the scene wrong. You can control that by learning to use the exposure compensation (check your manual) many cameras, even non -DSLR's have it. For this, if you dialed neg compensation that would have helped. Like I said, it looks good with the lead room! :)

I think that dog in #5 looks pretty good. I personally would have given him just a wee bit more space to look to the right. Also, something to try is getting down to the animals level to take the shot. Being at their level can make a dramatic difference.

Some of these things are just "guides". But once you learn the basic "rules" you begin to learn when to break them and try other things.

On number 8 I love the color of that purple, You did good at placing the horizon, and something to frame it with the tree at the left.

The turtle in number 9 is a cool angle and just a neat shot. I like the blue sky as the backdrop on this one. A bit too close is why the tip of him is blurry.

Thanks for sharing these. Keep snapping and posting, you will continue to get better and better :) Photography is a fun journey, take your time learning, no hurry to be a pro, there is many wonderful tings to learn.

I also noticed the sharpness being a off. For some reason the one with dog I really like. I think the baseball adds a nice element. Welcome to tpf.

Myphotoguy is right on the money with his valuable comments. I just have to add that I, too, love the golden. I have one as well.

Also, maybe not so many pictures of different themes in one post.

Also, maybe not so many pictures of different themes in one post.

Yes, i can understand that one. only problem is i don't often go out looking pictures, just grasp at beauty as i see it : /

i do a lot of rodeos, so chances are you'll be getting tons of horses. lol, other than that what i see is what i get : )

Myphotoguy is right on the money with his valuable comments. I just have to add that I, too, love the golden. I have one as well.

so do i, and she's my doll. although she thinks she's a lap dog, lol...110lbs...not so good

I really enjoyed numbers 5 and 8... I agree there is some camera shake issues or your shutter needs to be a touch faster. That turtle is pretty cool looking, I love the angle...but again, the focus is off a bit. Great shots overall though, keep posting!

I usually like to comment on each photo, but usually there are not soo many, so I will say this...

The majority of them are out of focus, I think the focus was missed on the Turtle, I would like to see his nose in focus, not his neck and edge of shell.
Its tough to get crisp shots of moving animals, but the flowers should be easily focused, I assume no tripod was used?

I usually like to comment on each photo, but usually there are not soo many, so I will say this...

The majority of them are out of focus, I think the focus was missed on the Turtle, I would like to see his nose in focus, not his neck and edge of shell.
Its tough to get crisp shots of moving animals, but the flowers should be easily focused, I assume no tripod was used?

no, and truth be told i never paid much attention to it until i posted. and i'm sorry about the amount of pics (oops) but now that everyone mentioned it, i'm starting to pay attention on how to focus, and on what main areas, thank you Tulsa : )

Most reactions

New Topics

Back