New photos: Lots of random stuff

clarinetJWD

The Naked Spammer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
jwdphotography.com
Well, it seems Corry hasn't been entirely successful in thwarting my productivity. Here's a bunch of pictures or lots of random things. (It's about time I shot something new...)

These are submitted in the order in which they were shot, because they have no real organization

1. This was Dec. 17, at my best friend Rick's wedding (The chick is Renee)
Wedding1forum.jpg

2. "Carry-On" an abstract from the plane on the way home...the second time
Carry-Onforum.jpg

3. "Rust-Wall-Tree" Downtown Houston
RustWallTreeforum.jpg

4. "Fighter" Downtown Houston, he asked me to take his picture, so I did.
Fighterforum.jpg

5. "Metallic Sea" Miller Outdoor Theater. The guy is Scott (SpiralOut) with his longboard
MetallicSeaforum.jpg

6. "Longboard" Scott being a bad example for the kids
Scottyforum.jpg

7. "Daydreams" IR photo, sans tripod.
IRforumcopy.jpg

Thanks for looking :D

How'd you pull off an IR shot without the Tripod? Is it just a digital IR? I also like the one of SpiralOut sitting in the bleachers. Good work Joe!

Eric. said:
How'd you pull off an IR shot without the Tripod? Is it just a digital IR? I also like the one of SpiralOut sitting in the bleachers. Good work Joe!
Nope, real IR with the Hoya r72. I steadied the camera with my camera bag and hands, took a ton of pictures, and one of them came out. I'm never forgetting my tripod again...

Thanks guys :) Now all I need to do is get Scott to take some new pictures of his own... *cough, cough*

Geeze! I love these! Great work!!:hail:

These are all fabulous (as always) I especially love the carry on and the shot at Miller. I also love Rust Wall Tree. I don't see shots like that and I wish I did. I'm gonna work on it.

I see nothing has changed while I was away. Chick? :roll: :mrgreen:

Thanks again, everyone :)

Laurie--You're still in Houston as of now, right? Maybe you, me and Scott should go for a shoot sometime this break :)

Yuppieh: finally I am finding a new clarinet-thread again! So it will be worthwhile opening it, for many treats will wait for me in there. :boogie:

Never wrong!

Treat after treat after treat.
The idea to capture this kind of abstract in something mundane as a plane is great! Wants to be copied! (Who knows, I MIGHT be in a plane on 2nd April or so - HINT HINT! :shock: - and just MIGHT "do a clarinetJWD"... like others have "done a JonMikal" before ;) :D)

My personal favourite is the rust-wall-tree, if only that tree were within the frame with even the last bit of its twigs...

Nice shots, loved the last three images most!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back