New Pictures! C&C are welcome!

slvr92

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone, well I just got my developed films yesterday and I scanned them onto my computer so the quality of the photos are a little bit off. It's on my Flickr because there's a few so just c&c on which ever one you guys like!

Here is my Flickr URL: Flickr: PVNPhoto's Photostream

Hey everyone, well I just got my developed films yesterday and I scanned them onto my computer so the quality of the photos are a little bit off. It's on my Flickr because there's a few so just c&c on which ever one you guys like!

Here is my Flickr URL: Flickr: PVNPhoto's Photostream

If you want feed back post a couple (3 or 4) that you like for C&C most people wont take time to click the link and leave feedback it is to much of a pain. Of course now that I have said that someone will but as a general rule most people here wont.

If you want feed back post a couple (3 or 4) that you like for C&C most people wont take time to click the link and leave feedback it is to much of a pain. Of course now that I have said that someone will but as a general rule most people here wont.

Thanks for the suggestion. Sorry about that. Anyways, here are the few photos I chose:

PVN32.jpg

PVN28.jpg

PVN25.jpg

PVN18.jpg

PVN17.jpg

PVN24.jpg

PVN30.jpg

I hope that's not too much!

They look like great photos, unfortunately the scanner isn't doing them much justice. It gives the color shots a retro feel almost like they're out of an old magazine. I think 5 and 7 are my favorite, although I'd love to see the printed version instead.

They look like great photos, unfortunately the scanner isn't doing them much justice. It gives the color shots a retro feel almost like they're out of an old magazine. I think 5 and 7 are my favorite, although I'd love to see the printed version instead.

Yeah thats what sucks about having a film SLR. Well, I had an option to put them onto CD's when they were developed, but my dad just told me to get the films only.

As long as you have good prints, that's all that matters. Good JPEGs turn to prints at some time right? Besides, some people like that retro look. I love the old school look of my iphone's camera even though it only works well in one type of light.

Any time I get my films developed (last time it happened was over a year ago, I must admit... :roll: ), I refrain from ordering the CD along with the prints, telling myself I can just as well scan in those prints I want to share with people in the www, but I think the next time I go get a film developed, I will order the CD, just to see how those will come out (assuming they in the lab scan the negatives and not the prints like I would), hoping they'll yield better results than my scanner does...

That said, I think you are presenting us some nice photos here, and I congratulate you on using an SLR (maybe for the time being?), for actually it is more fun. You don't get the "instant gratification" a DSLR gives you, but you have that "Christmas expectation"-feeling between handing in the films and getting back the prints, nervously waiting for the results, and to tell you the truth: part of me misses just that feeling. Another part (the stronger one, so it seems) enjoys to be instantly gratified...

When you look at your prints you will find that in most the subject is quite much in the centre of each print. For the next roll of film you might want to try and put your subject somewhat to one or the other side, more towards the corners of your prints. That shifts balances somewhat and makes photos (any image, for that matter) more interesting to look at.

The buttercup in 6 seems to be a tad overexposed and has lost all its detail... is the print clearer? If so, then just forget what I just said...

All in all: nice.

Any time I get my films developed (last time it happened was over a year ago, I must admit... :roll: ), I refrain from ordering the CD along with the prints, telling myself I can just as well scan in those prints I want to share with people in the www, but I think the next time I go get a film developed, I will order the CD, just to see how those will come out (assuming they in the lab scan the negatives and not the prints like I would), hoping they'll yield better results than my scanner does...

Yeah. I wanted to get the CD since the first time I developed my photos but heck, I was cheap and just scanned them instead. I'll definitely get a CD next time to see the quality though.

That said, I think you are presenting us some nice photos here, and I congratulate you on using an SLR (maybe for the time being?), for actually it is more fun. You don't get the "instant gratification" a DSLR gives you, but you have that "Christmas expectation"-feeling between handing in the films and getting back the prints, nervously waiting for the results, and to tell you the truth: part of me misses just that feeling. Another part (the stronger one, so it seems) enjoys to be instantly gratified...

Thank you! Every time I finish a roll of film, I really can't wait to develop it. It makes me happy though when I get my film after it's developed!

When you look at your prints you will find that in most the subject is quite much in the centre of each print. For the next roll of film you might want to try and put your subject somewhat to one or the other side, more towards the corners of your prints. That shifts balances somewhat and makes photos (any image, for that matter) more interesting to look at.

When I first read this part of your post, I didn't get what you were saying. Now I understand and I'll take your advice the next time I go around and take pictures.

The buttercup in 6 seems to be a tad overexposed and has lost all its detail... is the print clearer? If so, then just forget what I just said...

All in all: nice.

In the print itself, it's overexposed and the details isn't very visible.

Thanks again!

Most reactions

Back