New pictures from Holland

ucddyan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello Everyone, I've been working on this photography thing and I've tried to take a few nice photos on my vacation to Holland this Christmas. I was wondering if I could get some feedback on these 4 pictures in terms of composition? They're SOOC.

1. Not much I can do about the speed limit sign on the canal. 1/800 sec, f/8, ISO 800
CONVAR151.jpg

2. 1/125 sec, f/4.8, ISO 200
DSC_0576.JPG

3. 1/250 sec, f/4.2, ISO 200
DSC_0586.JPG

4. This is a canal that froze over and got dusted with snow, the pole in the middle is a sign for boats. 1/1,250 sec, f/8, ISO 800
CONVAR161.jpg

Not sure exactly why.
But I like the rope photo.

I think it just might be because of the snow on the rope.

I think the sign in number 1 IS the photograph. I like it, a lot. Why would you shoot at iso 800 if you could take that picture at 1/800 f8?

I think the sign in number 1 IS the photograph. I like it, a lot. Why would you shoot at iso 800 if you could take that picture at 1/800 f8?

Because I'm not that technically advanced at this point and I didn't realize the camera was at ISO 800 until I checked the EXIF data. I was in manual mode consistently for the first time playing with aperture and shutter speed, but I tend to forget about ISO in general since it's not right at my fingertip and I must have cranked it up the day before while shooting my nephews indoors (I usually only remember ISO when I have trouble in low-light and want to get a faster shutter speed). I know it's another thing on the list of stuff for me to focus on as I get better, but right now I'm trying to focus on composition and getting a nice photograph instead of a simple snapshot.

Thanks for the encouraging feedback everyone!

Overall, I don't think you did to bad. One thing to watch out for is your horizons. They are not straight on the first & third. Forth one is hard to tell because of the lay of the land.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back