New Post Icons not working correctly in all Forums?

MarcusM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I noticed in several forums that the "New Post" icon (envelope with letters sticking out) does not display even though I know for a fact I have not ever read the threads. For example, this happens in the "Welcomes and Introductions" forum. I almost never go there, but just happened to check it out today and noticed none of the envelopes are "New Post" icons.

Is something not working right with these?

(Also the same thing is going on in this forum, Feedback and Suggestions, and I think this is the 2nd time I've come here)

i have the same problem.

I do not have this issue, is it possible you are remaining idle for any period of time?

If so there is a period of time in wich your session ends, after that your visit begins again and the new posts are displayed form the period between the end of the previous session and the current one.

Anything prior to the previous sessions termination is marked as read when the session ends.

I usually do have the site open for a good portion of the day and I hop in and out from time to time while I work and also do other things, so yes there are times when I am idle for a while.

I still don't get why they wouldn't be marked as unread if I've never clicked the link to read them?

Most reactions

Back