New Radio Poppers

Most newer studio lights only need to have a plug inserted into them to disable the optical trigger. So when it's connected to a cord, either directly to the camera or to a wireless receiver, it would no longer trigger optically.

Well, if you need help with soldering a modification to your studio lights...you know who not to call. ;)

Ha, you know Mike I have the "build your first circut board" kit from when I was like 10. You get to make your own radio and everthing. I'll send it to you if you'd like. lol

Ha, you know Mike I have the "build your first circut board" kit from when I was like 10. You get to make your own radio and everthing. I'll send it to you if you'd like. lol
I had a couple of those...but I haven't seen them in 25 years. Plus, they were the type where you just connect the wires to springs on the board...no soldering.

Actually, I've done a fair bit of soldering. I've done some plumbing work on my last house and my mother has a Stained Glass studio in her basement...and I've soldered a lot of glass together. But soldering electronics is a whole different animal...as I found out. :lol:

..... but my uber-cheap setup is doing me so good, I am just wondering why I am not hearing more people like me that are very happy with them!

I've had my 3 Cactus V2's for a couple of months now.... using with Vivitars/sb600...

My triggers are still unmodded... and still have original batteries...

I've only punched about 500 shots through them.... only one misfire (key light failed)...

There have been maybe three or four other instances when one fires without instruction... i'm not complaining...

i'm sure they'd do even better with the mods.... seeing most of my off camera flash set ups are fairly static environments a misfire really doesn't cost my anything...

Well, if you need help with soldering a modification to your studio lights...you know who not to call. ;)

:lol: :lol:

I'm no electrical genius either... but I can muddle with my soldering iron well enough to not set the house on fire. :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back