New Rebel T3 user....

skaterbabs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've had my Canon Rebel T3 for about 6 months and while I'm still learning how it works, I really enjoy being able to get *some* of the shots I see. I mostly shoot my daughter's figure skating competitions, with a few family portraits thrown in for good measure. I do still use my "energizer bunny" for video, the S3 point and shoot we bought when my daughter was a toddler, but it's definitely showing its age.

Attached is a composite of shots I took today showing an odd error the T3 has been having basically the entire time I've owned it. I first noticed it at a competition my daughter had about six weeks after I bought the T3, but I attributed it to user error since I'd just begun using the camera. The issue randomly comes and goes, for example it behaved itself for Christmas and my nephew's birthday party last month, but it did it again today when I was shooting a how-to for my daughter's skating friends this afternoon.

I have two lenses, six memory cards, and four batteries, and it's done it with any combination of them, leading me to believe that it's something in the body since for this purpose I was shooting full auto. (I'm still enough of a newbie to only use manual when I have 69854893679077 chances to get the shot.) Until this evening when I showed the shots to a few professional photographer friends, I assumed user error as the culprit, but they've suggested contacting Canon for a warranty repair (which I'm doing tomorrow as soon as my kids are off to school.) In the meanwhile I was hoping someone here could suggest a fix to correct it post-shoot using Paint Shop Pro X4.

Attachments

• $Image1.jpg
    $Image1.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 136
Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure it's a sensor issue. I don't think there's much you can do about it.

Yeah, that's what I'm hearing. Plus side? The camera *is* still under manufacturer's warranty. Also it means that while I'm still messing a lot of things up, *this* one isn't user error. :p Calling Canon in the morning...

Welcome to the site.

Thank you! I just spoke with Canon, and they agree that it sounds like a sensor. I'm shipping it to the nearest repair center come payday.

skaterbabs said:
Thank you! I just spoke with Canon, and they agree that it sounds like a sensor. I'm shipping it to the nearest repair center come payday.

Why wait till payday? It's covered under warranty, no?

the repair is, but shipping to the repair facility is my responsibility,

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back