New Screen name, OLD images

slack off

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So this is my second go at the photo forum... I thought i would start out with some pics from our good old 2008 ice storm. i would appreciate any comments.

icygate2.jpg

plunketice2.jpg

plunkettice2.jpg

icestorm2.jpg

plunketice1.jpg

Great area for some good composition...........

I like the second one........maybe a bit underexposed

4th one has some potential..........:thumbup:

ice is such an amazing material, good shots.

like the BW conversion in 3, worked really well

Dear Ice Storm,

If you can make trees bend over to the ground like that, I can only imagine what you do to power lines. We should share notes.

Yours truly,

Katrina

cc: Rita, Gustav, Ike, Andrew

I don't like the BW conversion, I think you lost a lot of contrast with it and the origonal is much much better.

lucky, i love the appreciation of mother natures devestating force... the ice storm left alot of people without power for up to a week. thank you everyone for your replies.

I don't like the BW conversion, I think you lost a lot of contrast with it and the origonal is much much better.

This is quite true, I'm afraid...

The one against the light shows the ICE best.
The last is very ... well, what? Grainy or noisy? If so, why? And thankfully the lake is frozen, else I'd be afraid of the deluge on my desk from out of the lefthand side of my screen ... ;)

Did those birches survive the ice attack? Or did they crack?

they survived because they were young enough... the older and stiffer trees all cracked, especialy up in elevations up 100ft than i was

Most reactions

Back