NEW SHOT C&C PLEASE!!

photonewbie86

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all havent been on for awhile thought I'd post one of my latest shots did a little PP to it but not too much as always C&C is always welcome!! Thanks in advance :D

purpleflower.jpg

i don't like it. it''s underexposed and OOF

out of focus, under exposed and center composed.

read up on some of the basics of composition and exposure...Bryan Peterson's Understanding Exposure is a good start

The pentagonal shape of the flower is intriguing...I think maybe cropping this image down to a square-ish format would help it some. I think the dark areas at the far left and right are distracting, and pulling attention away from the geometric shape of the flower. WIth a tighter, squared-up crop, I think even this rather mundane shot would be improved quite a bit. I just held my hands up to the screen and made (virtually) L-brackets and visualized....yes, a square crop looks better. Crop a little bit off the top too.

The out of focus (OOF) got this photo criticized to bits. But no worries.

Center composition got nothing wrong to it. A lot of documented flowers in books uses center compositions.

The colors are not saturated, the exposure and contrast/brightness needs more work. Post processing can help you. photo lacks "wow" factor.

Give it another go, I think you got talent.

Center composition got nothing wrong to it. A lot of documented flowers in books uses center compositions.

Nothing wrong with center composing, but it all depends on the shot and the subject. If the OPs intent was to document this flower, then its perfect.

If he was trying to show the flower's beauty, this can often be enhanced by finding interesting angles and plays on light.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back