New Shutterbug!

johndoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everybody,

New to the forums here and I'm excited to jump in and learn as much as I can from everybody here and maybe share some of my photos. I have been fascinated with photography since I was a child and absolutely love taking pictures and videos of everything! I have never really owned a very good camera and I mostly would use old hand-me-downs or cheap disposable cameras (remember those lol) and now I have a somewhat decent camera that I have been using for some years now. I never really knew how deep the rabbit hole goes when buying and using nice high-end cameras and after watching numerous Youtube videos I am now convinced that I must buy one of these high-end, or semi high-end, cameras and start taking classes or at least read a book or two (my wife is not quite as convinced as I am just yet lol).

I currently own and have been using a Fujifilm Finepix HS 25 EXR. I am still trying to understand all the controls and what everything means such as; ISO, AE/AF, EVF, how to understand the different sizes of lenses, etc. I am a complete noob when it comes to all this and only used my camera in the Auto mode or the EXR mode. I now want to take this seriously and have fun. My wife and I have just had a newborn baby who is now 2 weeks old and I am excited to start taking as many pictures and videos as I can of our new little baby. Thank you all for your time! Take care.

Welcome. Those bridge cameras can be fun to use.

Hello and welcome! And congratulations on your newborn.

Welcome. Those bridge cameras can be fun to use.
Bridge cameras? Not sure what that means, but I'm sure I will figure that out soon enough lol. Thanks!

Welcome aboard.

Bridge cameras are between a point-and-shoot camera and a digital Single Lens Reflex (dSLR). They have a fixed lens but can be used in full manual exposure mode.

Greetings.
ask away and take your time. Enjoy the ride.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back