New Sigma lens auto focus trouble

Eventer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.michelleclarke.co.nz
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i just brought a new Sigme lens (18-200mm f/3.5-6.3) Brand new looks real nice havent had a Sigma lens before but I was impressed with the first imression, nice weight to it, felt pretty goood etc.

Put it on my D7000 - Wont auto focus... it:
- ****s around for a good 10seconds and when it does find a "focus" to lock on, it actually not focused at all.
- It jumps around back and forth (sometimes finding the focus but never locking onto it.
- it will continue to try find a sucject for as long as i half hold the shutter button down.
- Tried under lots of different light sources, bright indoor lighting, outdoor cloudy etc (havent tried it in bright sun yet)

Ive played around with setting, like everything?! Im at a loss. Is it faulty? surely Sigma cant sell a lens this crappy it doesnt focus?

Im confused... please help!

Call Sigma. They can take of this easily. I believe I read that there were some issues with older non-nikon lenses and the new AF system in the D7000.
If I remember correctly, it can be fixed easily, but you may need to send the lens and possibly the cam in to Sigma for adjustment.

Steve

next time read some reviews about a lens before you buy. This would have probably been addressed somewhere is it is a known issue.

Yeah, send it in to Sigma, you'll get it back in a few weeks better than ever.

One of the problems with buying 3rd party stuff is they have to reverse engineer the electronic communications, and forward compatibility sometimes suffers.

Sigma needs to re-chip the lens, so it can 'talk' to your D7000.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back